Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reference PA or Guitar Cab with HD500x and L3t

shredjsx

Ok, built an Entire set list designed around trying every amp on my hd500x dry to find ones I liked....

Then started tweeting them to my ear....

After all of that work I noticed they naturally all set up to use the Guitar Cab settings on my L3t...

I prefer using the Reference PA setting not only because it sounds clearer, but because I use the mic inputs and RCA inputs...

Here's the problem, after all that work setting up my amps, when I switched to PA Refence they got really bassey ( though the Thump was awesome!!!!)

Do you guys think a quick fix would be to cut the bass on the Global EQ on my HD500?

Or am I gonna have to set Everything up again? :(

You're probably experiencing the same as what I experience on my Yamaha DXR12 in that, as a PA loudspeaker, it's designed to cover the full range of frequences pretty evenly as compared to the guitar cab setting which will replicate the limited response of a guitar cabinet.

In order to cut out the non natural guitar frequencies I use the Global EQ and put the Low Cut at about 85 HZ and I put the High Cut frequency at around 7400 HZ.  You'd have to experiment on your L3t for the right frequencies for what you want to hear, but I would imagine somewhere in those areas you'll see that you'll get rid of the muddy and boomy bass response as well as the piercing frequencies at the very high end and retain the clarity and articulation you want.

However, I just noticed you said you're using the RCA inputs.  If you're using those for backing tracks you'll have to be careful about adjusting the Global EQ so it doesn't diminish the fidelity of the backing track which is likely to use most if not all the range of the speakers in the PA setting.

Thanks guys....

It's gonna be a weird issue...

My HD500x is plugged in to my PC almost permanent at my house....

Live I'm gonna use the Link cable...

But now I use the headphone out to the RCA inputs on the L3t

I do this because it pretty much becomes my sound card when it's plugged in....

So ALL of the sound from my PC, my musc to my backing tracs I record with run thru there...

But, like I said it defaults to Guitar Cab...

Like quoted above, the Reference PA sounds fuller...

So, I recently ran a bank that I'm now using almost 40 of the amps on the HD500 after testing them all...

I have them setup GREAT Dry, then went in and added effects to...

So ALOT of work went into this...

I just hate to have to readjust everything....

Especially since just using Headphones doesn't come close to how great it sounds through the L3t

And Yes, live and at band practice I will have a Mic hooked up, The RCA to my IPAD for music, and maybe a acoustic, so I need it on the PA setting now.... Just trying to get a shortcut to fix all of my work....

I'll try the global with the Link cable hooked up instead of the RCA unless some other idea you guys can throw at me...

BTW, when I switched it it THUMPED!!! I love that, so most of my setting have the Resinance turned up