Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I use firehawk as a USB interface to use Amplitube 4?

steele666

I think you would be better suited to purchasing a dedicated audio interface. however, as long as you turn off all the effects and amps on the Firehawk you should be able to use it with Amplitube. Your best bet would be to try it. 

I have quite a large collection of Amplitube amps and pedals, in fact I have about 90% of them. I like Amplitube and use it for recording sometimes. If you have any investment of cash into Amplitube, you should look at a proper audio interface.

i ask because it states "USB connectivity and ultra-low latency, Firehawk FX is also an ideal guitar recording interface for PC, Mac® and iOS.*"

on the front page, so i assumed it would work as an interface for other software based multifx programs

• 11 months later...

In amplitube they have the bypass feature to get clean guitar sound. Couldn't I connect my firehawk to Amplitube and use the bypass feature to use amplitube as a speaker for my firehawk? Thus getting me the pure effects and amps in the firehawk without interference?

When I plug into amplitube it shows that it is recognizing my Firehawk fx and if I strum my guitar which is plugged into firehawk I can see the gauge in amplitube showing it is getting my guitar sound. But, for some reason I can't hear anything through my computer speakers. Any suggestions? Same thing happens when I use usb and plug into audacity. No sound from firehawk but it shows input as firehawk and output is my speakers. ?????

• 2 weeks later...