Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where has all my work gone ???

mileskb

I have been working on a patch for several days.  It's pretty complex.  I just turned on the Helix and 99% of the patch is gone.

In fact, the only thing that is left is an Input Block and Volume control on Path 2 that I was using to listen to my music that I was playing along with.  Path 1 now has NO blocks and it was nearly FULL yesterday (and for the past few days).  Scribble strips were labelled and it's all gone.  HOURS of work.

Has anyone else experienced this?  How does one "backup" patch other than just copying it.  I have other versions-ish of the patch as over time I saved versions of it in different patches, but this seriously sucks.

I wouldn't know how to clear all the blocks from BOTH chains of a Path at once if I wanted to at this point other than to overwrite it, but that would have overwritten what was on Path #2.

Insights anyone?

Miles

I have been working on a patch for several days.  It's pretty complex.  I just turned on the Helix and 99% of the patch is gone.  Has anyone else experienced this?  

How does one "backup" patch other than just copying it.

I wouldn't know how to clear all the blocks from BOTH chains of a Path at once if I wanted to at this point other than to overwrite it, but that would have overwritten what was on Path #2.

never had that happen as you described it, totally sucks.  Backup is usually done to your computer using the Helix app, pretty simple to export the setlist or the bundle.

If you press Action, there is an option to Clear Block and another to Clear All Blocks.  Don't know, but possibility?

I usually save a patch I've been working on to a different setlist just to be safe before shutting down.  Hit Save once, dial in new location and hit Save again.

Check the other patches, I've had it do this where all the patches are there but moved to "New Preset" locations and then had to move and rename all of them, it's a pain but the sounds were still there.

To stop this from happening I now have created a blank Patch and named it BLANK and copy it to any "New Preset" slots between my regular sounds... haven't had a problem since I started doing this, happened 3 times before and it is a HUGE time sucker.

I have been working on a patch for several days.  It's pretty complex.  I just turned on the Helix and 99% of the patch is gone.

In fact, the only thing that is left is an Input Block and Volume control on Path 2 that I was using to listen to my music that I was playing along with.  Path 1 now has NO blocks and it was nearly FULL yesterday (and for the past few days).  Scribble strips were labelled and it's all gone.  HOURS of work.

Has anyone else experienced this?  How does one "backup" patch other than just copying it.  I have other versions-ish of the patch as over time I saved versions of it in different patches, but this seriously sucks.

Insights anyone?

Miles

Yes I've had the same problem a couple of times, a patch becomes sort of blank, just as If all blocks were cleared, I do not remember exactly the sequence that makes it happen, but it's happened to me for sure at least 4 or 5 times.

Only workaround I can think of now : backup/export your bundles,

especially when making edits of course, so you can revert to the previous version anytime.

I have never experienced this in the 8 months or so I've had the Helix... Are you certain you didn't save your patch to a different setlist?

In my case I am certain because the patch name remains, only the contents is removed (just as If I had used the clear all blocks function with the action button).

The sequence consisted in just making a few changes to an existing Distorsion block in a patch A, then saving the patch (without changing location), then I move to another patch B, and then when I go back to the patch A it is empty. I know it is strange.

Now, I haven't had this issue in the latest firmware yet.

Thanks everyone.  I need to head out, but I will check to see if the patch was saved to another preset.  As someone else mentioned the pre-set name is still there, and the two blocks that were on Patch #2 are still there.   It's just like the "CLEAR ALL BLOCKS" was used, but I just can't see how that would happen.  The sequence of events from the last time everything was fine was yesterday I was playing/jamming along with some tunes.   The Helix is not on the floor.  When I was done, I set down the guitar on its stand, turned off the Helix first, then powered down my rack.  So, unless the buttons work when its turned off...   :)  spooky.

When I turned it on, the first thing I noticed was that it wasn't on the patch I was working on anymore.  I was on 3-1A instead of 3-1C.  I will double check that 3-1A wasn't overwritten.   It should be pretty easy to find as it was the only patch I made where I actually got to the point of assigning foot switches.

I did this twice. I realized on the second time that I was going to fast and had accidentally cleared all the block. I had hit a wrong button and because I was going so fast the corresponding button in the accidental screen was clear all blocks.

I am thinking this somehow must be how it happened, or some variation.  I wasn't editing at the time it happened, I was playing.  When it came time to shut down, the only interaction I "thought" I had with the unit was powering off.  There was no reason to save as I hadn't been editing.  But, those "touch" buttons are VERY sensitive, and who knows, maybe I brushed something.  Glad to know it doesn't seem to be a problem in general with the unit.   I do backups now, often.