Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

El Capitan...when will the fixes come?

cletcher1

I know there are many threads, but there appears to be no end in sight to resolving issues. I'm most concerned that I still can't backup patches or set lists or bundles to th helix app. A potential freeze up or glitch could render all my hours spent on patches useless. This leaves me unable to update as well without losing them. At least that's my understanding. And I do not want to time machine back due to other data in my computer. If it's an apple thing, why aren't music manufactures all over them demanding a fix? Just frustrated.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Mines a 2013 MacBook so guess it has the new ports.

Hi cletcher1,

I know that L6 has already stated that upgrading through a USB hub is not supported, but... just to see if it is a USB3 vs USB2 issue, have you tried connecting the Helix through a USB2 hub into the USB3 port of your Mac and trying the latest Helix app? If you can at least backup your patches, you will have your time and effort saved in case disaster strikes, even if you still cannot upgrade the firmware reliably. Or maybe backup with the help of a friend who has a Windows computer or an earlier Mac OS, like Yosemite, for instance?

Also, there are tons of very cheap Windows10 laptops out there (in the US$200-300 range) that are total crap for anything other than web, Youtube and email, but they would be perfect for backing up patches or upgrading firmware. As a mater of fact, I have a pretty old (5+ years old) laptop that I always keep at an earlier version of Windows (just updated it to Win8.1 from Win 7 last month) that I keep around as a backup of last resort.