Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Severe Connectivity Issues

rynoburgy

Hi all, I've had my Amplifi 75 for about a year now and have never really gotten to use it to it's full potential because of the constantly failing bluetooth connection. I previously had an iPhone 6, and it was hit or miss whether or not the amp would connect and show up in the Line 6 app, but now that I've switched to android it won't work at all.

I've updated both the firmware on the Amp, and the application on my Galaxy s6, yet no dice. My phone will connect to the amp, and the app will work for about 30 seconds at which point the app starts spazzing out and the bluetooth light on the Amp starts blinking and the connection is dropped. I have tried unpairing and repairing but nothing will work. Occasionally I get the amp to stay paired long enough to play music through it as a bluetooth speaker, but it still never shows up in the Line 6 amp, making it effectively useless as an amp.

If anyone has any solutions or ideas as to how I could remedy this issue I would seriously appreciate it! When I did have it working I loved the sounds I was able to create with this amp and really want to get that back. Thanks in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

You need to make sure there are no other devices  operating in the Bluetooth range of 2.4ghz. Items like other cell phones, iPads, etc.....anything that could possibly cause interference with the Bluetooth connectivity. Even other items like a laptop, Bluetooth headset, etc will cause problems. The AMPLIFii TT  can only accept ONE device via Bluetooth. Next make sure the "FLASH" update has been made to the AMPLIFii TT which I believe is now 2.50.2 and the APP is 2.50. Also, I'm not sure how your updating these devices, (Windows computer, etc) but you have to use the correct download/update utility to "FLASH" the AMPLIFii TT. Meaning if you using Window 8.1 then use that utility, if Windows 10.X then use that utility, otherwise I believe the update will fail. Beyond that you would have to contact "TECH SUPPORT from LINE 6" possibly via a "trouble ticket".  Hope this helps some. I know how frustrating it can be.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rinoburgy,

I am using an Amplify 150 & a Firehawk in conjunction with a Galaxy S6.

Both are working really good and once the BT connection is up, then it is very stable.

The firmware of the amplify has been updated to rev 2. (I did'nt update it to 2.5 so far).

They are 2 situations where th BT connection fails every 30s :

• since I also have a Galaxy tablet, and some Iphone and Ipad around, it happens that one of these devices is already paired with the Amplify. I just turn the BT of this device off, and solved,
  • No other device paired, but the BT drop every 30 s, then I switch the Galaxy S6 off and back on, and it is back stable.

I hope it helps you,

BB

• 1 month later...

Could you clarify what this means?

"You need to make sure there are no other devices  operating in the Bluetooth range of 2.4ghz. Items like other cell phones, iPads, etc.....anything that could possibly cause interference with the Bluetooth connectivity."

My car is parked in the driveway and has bluetooth connectivity. Does it mean I should park the car down the block?

Because my phone is paired to my car so I can make hands free calls if needed.

• 1 year later...

Hi Folks,

I know this thread is old but I'd like to offer my solution to the intermittent connectivity of the Amplifi-75.... Possibly other Amplifi models...

I recommend that anytime you update your Apple IOS or Android system, go to your device (iPhone iPad or Android) bluetooth settings and UNPAIR your Amplifi and then RESTART the (IOS or Android) device....

After your (IOS or Android) device has restarted go back to bluetooth settings and verify your device has "forgotten" the Amplifi-75 or other model that was previously listed as a paired device...

Turn on the Amplifi device wait 30 seconds for it to settle and THEN press the bluetooth button on the Amplifi. It will flash --then flash faster if you hold it down... release the button...

Your (IOS or Android) device should "see" the Amplifi . Select the Amplifi device to pair your (IOS or Android) with it... Enjoy NON-intermittent connections!

Do this anytime your have to do a system update of your (IOS or Android) device... 

Where did I come up with this? I noticed one day that my car, of all things, kept forgetting my "voice" call programming that it had previously memorized after my Android phone received a system update.... I had to reset the bluetooth connections....

It's not the Amplifi it's our screwed up (iPhones iPads and Android) devices....

Hope this helps

@younmoon

Read your post with interest. To date, I haven't suffered from BT connection problems, but plenty of other users have complained of it here in the forums. I'll try to store your advice away,  should something come along and upset my applecart. You could be on to something there!

Thanks for sharing...

I basically have to re - pair at every use. It is supremo lame. 

Also, an even bigger annoyance (amongst the 500 I have). Cloud synching never happens any more, constantly a failure:

Cloud Update Pending

The tone was save locally but could not be uploaded to My Tones.

The tone will be updated automatically when a network connection becomes available.

NOTE- My network connection is always up 99% of the time. (I'm a network SW engineer by day.) 

and then ...

ERROR

AN unexpected error was encountered. 

Please try again later. 

WHEN: What year will this start working again? 

Both errors flash up 4 x each before I can even use the app. LAME. 

Also, an even bigger annoyance (amongst the 500 I have). Cloud synching never happens any more, constantly a failure:

There was an issue a while back where tones were being duplicated on the line 6 servers. It did get fixed, but because of the fix the app can get out of sync with the servers. I was having the same problem after the fix, but deleting and reinstalling the app made the error messages go away.

Hi Folks,

I know this thread is old but I'd like to offer my solution to the intermittent connectivity of the Amplifi-75.... Possibly other Amplifi models...

It's not the Amplifi it's our screwed up (iPhones iPads and Android) devices....

Hope this helps

Glad you found a solution that works for you, but I’ve tried a lot of things, including the steps you posted, and Bluetooth connectivity continues to suffer from dropouts and lost connections. It’s an AMPLIFi problem not a device problem. I have a Bluetooth dongle sitting on top of the amp and connected to the aux in port and it lets me stream audio from across the house without any dropouts, while the AMPLIFi built in Bluetooth drops out constantly from 5 feet away

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you found a solution that works for you, but I’ve tried a lot of things, including the steps you posted, and Bluetooth connectivity continues to suffer from dropouts and lost connections. It’s an AMPLIFi problem not a device problem. I have a Bluetooth dongle sitting on top of the amp and connected to the aux in port and it lets me stream audio from across the house without any dropouts, while the AMPLIFi built in Bluetooth drops out constantly from 5 feet away

I agree. It’s not a device issue. When will Line 6 fix this connectivity issue? It truely seems worse now than it was 2-3 years ago.