Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

David Gilmour Patch

cheese8800

Yeah, that Glenn DeLaune tutorial is awesome.  I followed alonglast night and created it on my Helix.  It sounds amazing plus I learned a few new tricks.

I think Line 6's slogan for Helix should be something like "if you can imagine it, Helix can do it".

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that Glenn DeLaune tutorial is awesome.  I followed alonglast night and created it on my Helix.  It sounds amazing plus I learned a few new tricks.

I think Line 6's slogan for Helix should be something like "if you can imagine it, Helix can do it".

Thanks Darrell. You know while I was putting this together I was really skeptical about the whole patch creating process. Then after the video rendered and I watched it I actually said to myself . . . Self . .  Who in there right mind would want to go through all this LOL. I guess I'm not alone. I just love to tweak and tweak. I also like to practice so what I do is this! I take 1 day out of the week to tweak patches. Usually about 2 hrs. Then I spend the rest of the week (5 days) practicing. At least 1 1/2 hours a day. I always take off on Sundays though to give my brain a rest. Now when I have gigs during the week or on weekends I still get my practicing in. Then the gig is another 3 hrs. of actual Real World application of the patches I have created. My point is I'm Always Learning. Helix has really opened up a new door for me musically. Thanks again Line6 for an incredible product line and all of you guys here for your continued support.

• Upvote 3

Very nice Glenn. I watched it and thought "Wow! There is so much deep,stuff I do not know on the Helix"! What is cool is that you don't have to know it all. Simple setups can sound amazing. One reason I avoided modeling was all of the tweaking and patch process. I was always a stomp on the pedal and just turn a knob type of guy. My son has always been the tweaker. But Helix is good for both camps. I am going through your video in little sections to learn more myself. Someone on YouTube was all worked up because we buy your patches. But this is actually why some of us do. We would rather not spend hours tweaking. And yours sound awesome. I have your screen protector ( which you can't even see unless you are told and look for it) and your initial set of patches. I can't wait for artist patches. I know they take time but I check constantly to see it you have more. I guess my age is showing as I am lazy and it takes longer to learn.