Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

When does the DT25 override the HD500?

Sometimes when playing, I notice the reverb is cavernous, despite being off on my HD500 patch.  I then have to go to the DT25 and turn it down.  Also when first starting out, the DT seems to override the HD500 patch until I reselect the patch.  Is there a formula for what controls what?  Ideally, I'd like the HD500 to be in control unless i move controls on the DT25.  

the only other time the DT overrides the HD is in LVM where the DT "enforces" a full amp model over the preamp model to make up for the lower volume settings.  I liked having the reverb available in the DT for the odd time a patch ran out of DSP.  I could just offload the reverb to the DT instead.

Any knob you move is WYSIWYG.  I've never had this problem with my DT amps but the old Vetta's used to have an issue where the knobs would get just a little loose and then jiggle under loud volume or bumping the amp and you would get a sudden tone or volume change.

Don't know if this could be it but maybe check if your knob is turning too easy or loose?

• 2 months later...

Sometimes I get that problem on my DT25 combo: POD display changes to the Amp control page and I see some parameters change, as if I was moving the amp knobs, even when I'm not playing. The amp knobs aren't that loose... If anyone has an explanation for this and could help me solve this issue, I'd appreciate.

I sometimes find the switches on the POD need pressing quite hard to make sure the patch is 'sent' to the DT.

On Rare occasion I it seems the POD freaks out and does some odds stuff when changing a patch. Usually just switch to another patch and right back solves it. Again for me that is rare occurrence and I think that a hiccup on the POD not the DT. 

Sometimes I get that problem on my DT25 combo: POD display changes to the Amp control page and I see some parameters change, as if I was moving the amp knobs, even when I'm not playing. The amp knobs aren't that loose... If anyone has an explanation for this and could help me solve this issue, I'd appreciate.

This one has happend to me a couple of times. What I've found is it seems to be glitch in the DT related to physical knob positions, or some sort of short or maybe not so good pot on the DT. Two things that fix it. 1. Just turn the volume on the POD down (to avoid loud squeals) and move the offending knob, you can see on the DT screen as the one that is not on the correct setting/dot where it was saved and move the knob back and forth quickly. Kind of the same thing as quick fix on dirty volume knob on guitar. Just spin the debris/dust out of it. The other thing is the keep the knobs (physical knobs not the real pod setting) on the DT set around 12 o'clock. Seems all the way up or down seems to trigger that more. While I have experienced this before it's not often. I usually set my knobs to 12 o'clock before a show and then just switch the patch and back to reset the patch afterwards.