Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Global EQ ?

Cooleyman

I find that many of the cabs, and especially the Ownhammer and Rosen IRs are very bass heavy going into my IEMs. I've been using the Global EQ to take a bit of the lower frequencies out. Anyone else feeling the need to do this? It just doesn't seem right but if I don't then I have to dial each amp model's bass control nearly to zero!!

I usually dial out low end by using the low cut on the cabinet section of the amp. A cut at 80 or 100 Hz works well. But with IR's I don't think you have that option. Probably best to insert the 'high cut/low cut' EQ block into your path. Usually a global EQ is going to effect all of your presets.

Dialing out the bass on the amp section is going to change the tone and drive of the amplifier.

I usually dial out low end by using the low cut on the cabinet section of the amp. A cut at 80 or 100 Hz works well. But with IR's I don't think you have that option. Probably best to insert the 'high cut/low cut' EQ block into your path. Usually a global EQ is going to effect all of your presets.

Dialing out the bass on the amp section is going to change the tone and drive of the amplifier.

You have that option with the IR's too. That's exactly what I do. A cut at around 100Hz works well with my gear as well.