Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD PRO into the Line 6 spider iv 15

shpion285

No fx loop on that amp (IIRC) so you might rig up something for the MP3 in. That is all guess work. You are better off with a power amp/cab or an amp with an fx loop.

Sorry, but what is fx loop (i have problems with english), 

Can you explain in detail what you said ?

Ok. On many amps there are two jacks that allow for a signal to be placed between the amp's pre-amp and power amp sections. They can be called a variety of things. Loop in loop out, effects in effects out etc. What this does is allow for the amp's pre-amp (gain section tone controls, etc.) to be sent out to pedals, Pods, effects, etc and then be returned to the amp's power section to be included in the sound you hear.

The Pod can be thought of as a pre-amp as it cannot power a cab or speaker by itself. So what you would be doing is using the Pod as your preamp and returning the signal to a power amp section of a combo amp (by passing its pre-amp section).

There are other options like the 4 cable-method hich lets you use an amps preamp and also the Pod's effects but that can be saved for another discussion at this point.

On the Spiders (that do not have a effects loop) I have read where some people have tried going into the mp3 input 1/8" jack (using a 1/4 to 1/8" adapter) - I've never tried and do not know if it works or what may happen (good or bad).

Hope that helps,

Bill

• Upvote 1

Ok. On many amps there are two jacks that allow for a signal to be placed between the amp's pre-amp and power amp sections. They can be called a variety of things. Loop in loop out, effects in effects out etc. What this does is allow for the amp's pre-amp (gain section tone controls, etc.) to be sent out to pedals, Pods, effects, etc and then be returned to the amp's power section to be included in the sound you hear.

The Pod can be thought of as a pre-amp as it cannot power a cab or speaker by itself. So what you would be doing is using the Pod as your preamp and returning the signal to a power amp section of a combo amp (by passing its pre-amp section).

There are other options like the 4 cable-method hich lets you use an amps preamp and also the Pod's effects but that can be saved for another discussion at this point.

On the Spiders (that do not have a effects loop) I have read where some people have tried going into the mp3 input 1/8" jack (using a 1/4 to 1/8" adapter) - I've never tried and do not know if it works or what may happen (good or bad).

Hope that helps,

Bill

Thanks 

Hope that helps,

Bill

like that? 6vVFzshgeKE.jpg