Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to solve some mobilekeys problems

angemenges

So, I have bought a mobile keys 49 one year ago to learn that its fabrication was discontinued (as midi mobilizer). Thank you Line6 :-)

I found some tips that can help owners of this little keyboard that I like.

1) Using IOS 9

When I had made the updates of IOS9, I had the suprise to see that the keyboard was not working anymore. Here is what I have done :

- if necessary, use your computer USB connection to update the firmware with line6monkey (you will find it on the line6 software page if you check archive)

- on your ipad (not connected to your mobile keys), remove the app midi memo

- switch off and on your ipad and reinstall the app

- connect your mobile keys, midi memo should work now. Play any midi out (it seems midi out wakes up midi I/O)

I would like to thank c. degardin from the european support team who gave me this tip.

2) Lightning connection

Well, you changed your ipad/iPhone and you are with this old 30 pin cable. Don't try the lighting to 30pin apple adaptor, it would not work.

In fact, you do not need the ipad/iPhone cable. Your usb cable works always well. Just buy a lightning to USB camera adapter (yes, I know : 29$) and the job is done. It works perfectly.

• 1 year later...

The Apple 30pin to Lightening adapter works very well with my Mobile Keys 49 in iOS 10 (as it did in iOS 9). I use it with my iPads and iPhones.

In fact, there was a sleep issue with my iPad that took the 30pin cable — this issue is gone with the lightening connector adapter and current iPads.

I don't understand the posts that say this doesn't work.

• 5 years later...

With iOS 10, the Apple 30pin to Lightning converter works really well with my Mobile Keys 49. (as it did in iOS 9). It works well with both of my iOS devices, iPads and iPhones.

In point of truth, there was a sleep problem with my iPad when I used the 30-pin cable; however, this problem has been resolved with the introduction of the lightening connector adaptor and newer models of iPads.

The comments in which people suggest that this cannot be done make no sense to me.

drift boss