Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vetta Combo Speakers???

Sorrell

I need to figure out which speakers I can buy, that are like the Celestions in my Vetta Combo. I know they don't make them anymore, but I'm sure that the design didn't just disappear.

I want to put together a 2x12 cabinet that sounds like my combo's cab, that I can use with my HD. My combo (wich has a closed back) sounds SO much better than my HD, and Marshall 4x12. The combo just sounds...real; if that makes sense?

I ran my combo's speaker-out, into the 4x12, and it sounded like the HD: dumpy and lifeless. So, I believe that the speakers are the issue. Maybe I'm wrong?

Any suggestions?

The speakers in the Vetta were known to be horrible and "woof" when used to push the bass...

When I had one almost all of the people I talked to changed the speakers in the Vetta cabinet to Celestion, and it sounded great

The stock speakers were Celestions but your post gave me another idea.  If so many people swapped them out, I didn't, they should be available on eBay and Craigslist sometimes.

It's very odd that these speakers have a bad rep. I play 6, 7 and 8-string guitars, using everything from clean to vintage to metal tones. The speakers sound amazing. They reproduce even the lowest frequencies, with authority!

That's a great idea, to try to find people selling the discarded speakers. I've been trying to find one of the cabs, for ages, but no luck...

I'll keep trying. Maybe I'll contact Celestion, and see if they can offer an alternative???

I'll let you guys know if I have any luck.

Thanks.

I need to figure out which speakers I can buy, that are like the Celestions in my Vetta Combo. I know they don't make them anymore, but I'm sure that the design didn't just disappear.

I want to put together a 2x12 cabinet that sounds like my combo's cab, that I can use with my HD. My combo (wich has a closed back) sounds SO much better than my HD, and Marshall 4x12. The combo just sounds...real; if that makes sense?

I ran my combo's speaker-out, into the 4x12, and it sounded like the HD: dumpy and lifeless. So, I believe that the speakers are the issue. Maybe I'm wrong?

Any suggestions?

All Vetta combos that I've seen are all open back. Did you button it up yourself for did some previous owner? I've threatened to try it myself just for grins n grunts and maybe even put a variable/tune-able port in the back. You just never know until you try something.

BTW I think the Celestion speakers used in the Vetta amps were custom made for Line6 to give a very flat response for the modeling to work more effectively and to handle all the power the amp puts out. 

If you look at all the Celestion guitar speakers in 12" size you'll find everything from 15 watt to 100 watt speakers in the same size and class. What ever it is isn't gonna do you much good if you toast it with the amp. Lots of tonal variety and response variance among all those choices too. 

All Vetta combos that I've seen are all open back. Did you button it up yourself for did some previous owner? I've threatened to try it myself just for grins n grunts and maybe even put a variable/tune-able port in the back. You just never know until you try something.

Yup. I did it. I'm a lifelong DIY'er. I enclosed the back and installed Fender kick-back legs on it. I've always used closed-back cabs, so it was the first thing I did, when I got the combo. It sounds awesome!!!

Holy crap, Batman!!!

I just bought a Vetta cabinet, in perfect condition, on Reverb.com for $150.00! Nailed it!!!

I think we'll call this issue, resolved. Woo hoo!!!

Thanks again.

Awesome man, cool how that worked out!

I would have thought that enclosing the cab would make it really woofy, like when I have mine sitting too close to a wall.

Awesome man..... It was a VETTA II that combo that I had, I wonder if ther is a difference in the speakers.... Mine "woofed" something horrible

I'm not sure. I assumed they were the same speakers...

A couple of patches I've made over the years, started out a bit woofy but I was able to fix 'em. The "Meshuggah" tone I made for my 8-string (Big Bottom model) wanted to woof at me, but that was to be expected. It was easy to tame though.

The combo really sounds amazingly tight, even at volume, in live situations. The Weber, Beam Blockers really help out too. They even everything out.... but that's a different topic, entirely.

Awesome man..... It was a VETTA II that combo that I had, I wonder if ther is a difference in the speakers.... Mine "woofed" something horrible

Pretty sure Vetta I and Vetta II used the same speakers.  Except for the VDI interface, there were just small cosmetic and software differences and the software can be upgraded to make a Vetta I the same as a Vetta II as far as firmware and the factory patches go. Otherwise they are pretty much the same amp. 

Someone from Line6 would have to confirm but I don't think they read the Vetta board anymore.  

• 11 months later...