Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Load Error -21

bsaville

About 1 month ago, I purchased a Firehawk off eBay. It worked fine until I updated the firmware to v. 1.20. Since then, I get a "Load Error -21" message every time I even turn the unit on. I have tried every suggestion that I can find on how to fix it (including suggestions directly from Line 6), and so far, nothing has worked. I know others have had the same issue. Has anyone found a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

About 1 month ago, I purchased a Firehawk off eBay. It worked fine until I updated the firmware to v. 1.20. Since then, I get a "Load Error -21" message every time I even turn the unit on. I have tried every suggestion that I can find on how to fix it (including suggestions directly from Line 6), and so far, nothing has worked. I know others have had the same issue. Has anyone found a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

YES MAN.

I DO IT

Install update 1.10 trough PC. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just got it for the first time, had the Firehawk since the day it was released at GuitarCenter....also the first time using my iPad in at least 6 months.  I'm on firmware 1.20, iPad is 1.3.3 build 068

rebooted the Firehawk and it's working again.  I'm thinking, stupid Apple crap.  Might just find a new Android tablet and dump this apple junk.

• 2 months later...

I had the same issue. Unit loads with a "load error =" and some number (it changes depending on the firmware version). I tried a number of firmware updates (to all available versions) and factory resets to no avail. 

I finally made it to work using this procedure:

-do a firmware upgrade from a PC

-In my case I did a downgrade from 1.20 to 1.01, but probably any firmware update would work

-now you have to be quick: when the firmware update finishes, you will se a message on the unit on the lines of "update finished", at this very moment, before the unit reboots automatically,  press and hold TAP and the DIAL button down (as you would do for a catory reset)

-The unit will reboot as usual after a firmware update, but the "load error" message will dissapear...

I have no clue why it works in this case and not performing a regular factory reset, but it does

• 4 months later...