Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume level reduces by half on Path 2A or 2B

rickyrohan14

I have output of the path 1 (1A + 1B) going to the inputs of the path 2.

And path 2 is further is split into 2A and 2B.

If I send the output of path 1 to either path 2A or 2B, volume level reduces by approx. half.

If I send the output of path 1 to 2A+2B, volume level seems fine.

I am probably missing some information here.

Any idea what is wrong? OR, is this how it's supposed to work?

post-2317367-0-30686200-1451542115_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I noticed that as well but this attenuation only happens when there is an enabled block (fx) on path 2A. If I have a mono block there then setting it's output level to 6dB means it's unity gain. So it seems that switching the fx on path 2 on actually diminished the volume on that path to half.

I just noticed that yesterday and haven't really got into further investigations, it just seems related to your observation so to get the discussion going...

There was a similar "issue" on POD HD and it was related to stereo being summed to mono, I think, or perhaps input assignments. But anyway switching a mono unity gain block on changed the volume to half. I think it was hurghanico who wrote an analysis of that behaviour here on the forums. Sorry, don't have time to look for it now.