rickyrohan14

Volume level reduces by half on Path 2A or 2B

I have output of the path 1 (1A + 1B) going to the inputs of the path 2.

And path 2 is further is split into 2A and 2B.

If I send the output of path 1 to either path 2A or 2B, volume level reduces by approx. half.

If I send the output of path 1 to 2A+2B, volume level seems fine.

I am probably missing some information here.

Any idea what is wrong? OR, is this how it's supposed to work?

post-2317367-0-30686200-1451542115_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I noticed that as well but this attenuation only happens when there is an enabled block (fx) on path 2A. If I have a mono block there then setting it's output level to 6dB means it's unity gain. So it seems that switching the fx on path 2 on actually diminished the volume on that path to half.

I just noticed that yesterday and haven't really got into further investigations, it just seems related to your observation so to get the discussion going...

There was a similar "issue" on POD HD and it was related to stereo being summed to mono, I think, or perhaps input assignments. But anyway switching a mono unity gain block on changed the volume to half. I think it was hurghanico who wrote an analysis of that behaviour here on the forums. Sorry, don't have time to look for it now.

This is normal and to be expected. You are splitting the sound in half.

This is normal and to be expected. You are splitting the sound in half.

Can you elaborate a bit Peter? I don't find it normal at all an quite painful using lots of gain blocks to compensate.

If you look at the merge block (where the lines meet) You will probably see that each path is set to 50%... therefore, if you combine the two you have full volume, but if you have only one then you only have half the volume...