Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Brand new Helix with display faults.

ATSOL

It's a shame that Line 6 are still having screen and display drop outs over a year and half after the release. You would think and have hoped that it was sorted by now. 

One good thing is, PMT were fantastic and i received a brand new Helix direct from Germany within days. I'm guessing that Sweetwater is an american dealer and would expect that any new unit they source for you wouldn't be coming from Europe. 

A year and three month later....its still all good, although it does leave me checking again every time I turn the thing on.

good luck

It's a shame that Line 6 are still having screen and display drop outs over a year and half after the release. You would think and have hoped that it was sorted by now.

One good thing is, PMT were fantastic and i received a brand new Helix direct from Germany within days.

A year and three month later....its still all good.

good luck

It will probably always be an issue simply because these are components buys from vendors... I've never heard of any electronics manufacturer that doesn't produce duds every now and then. Just the nature of the business. I'm confident Line 6 is dedicated to making things right for people that have problems, though.

My first Helix had an issue with a bad capacitance switch. I bought it at MF - They sent me a new one WHICH is the only thing I would have accepted. Line 6 on the other hand told me to send it in to them or take it to an authorized repair center...    For a unit less than 2 weeks old??? lol 

I think that's more because Line 6 can't do much with the unit if they take it back.  Musician's Friend on the other hand will send it off to have it fixed then resell it as "open box" or "refurb" for maybe 5-10% off MAP.  That's just the nature of the manufacturer vs. retailer, and what resources they have available.  It's kind of counter intuitive. 

• 11 months later...

just had the vertical line issue on the main display, just bought this a month ago and appeared 2 weeks after I received it, contacting sweetwater tomorrow

That does not fill me with confidence Ive just taken mine back to PMT for a red vertical line developing just this week to the left of the main Screen. Is this going to be a common problem and can we have faith that this will not return Can a line 6 rep comment. Ive had the line 6 for 9 months and have only just seen this problem develop so whats going wrong. 

Ive just taken Helix back to PMT for a red vertical line developing on the Main Display just this week to the left of the main Screen. Is this going to be a common problem and can we have faith that this will not return Can a line 6 rep comment. Ive had the line 6 Helix for 9 months and have only just seen this problem develop so whats going wrong. This is an expensive piece of Equipment that should Last i would have hoped for many years. So my confidence after reading these comments of similar problems is not two high. 

Ive just taken Helix back to PMT for a red vertical line developing on the Main Display just this week to the left of the main Screen. Is this going to be a common problem and can we have faith that this will not return Can a line 6 rep comment. Ive had the line 6 Helix for 9 months and have only just seen this problem develop so whats going wrong. This is an expensive piece of Equipment that should Last i would have hoped for many years. So my confidence after reading these comments of similar problems is not two high.

I've only seen a handful of these kinds of complaints over the 2.5 years the Helix has been available. I have no reason to believe it's a common problem.

Europe is certainly doing a better job of protecting their consumers than the U.S.! Where is our 2 year warranty?  I have found L6 to be exemplary about supporting their products but a longer warranty would definitely give me more of a warm fuzzy feeling!

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/helix/helix-extended-warranty-program-faq-us-only-r864

In my view the Helix is a massive investment for Line 6 in both financial and brand reputation terms, so I think these are only teething problems. However everyone who’s purchased this expensive tour grade unit is expecting it to be 100% perfect, not just for a year but for many years. At £1070.00 it’s a massive investment for me so I’m not happy that it only comes with a one year warranty, when hardware fault are there from new. If they have confidence in their own product that they tell us was 4 years in development. Then they should provide a 2 year warranty until its track record is better established.

To gig and have confidence in it, it must be reliable from the start so Line 6, Yamaha will need to regain mine and the faiths of the others who are sitting there with hardware faults however small.  

They just recently extended the warranty to two years in Oct.

As you know, we have put a great deal of focus on our customer service/support and communication over the last couple of years. We have set very high expectations for ourselves when it comes to turning around Helix issues and repairs and striving for best-in-class service in general. Today, we are announcing two new US only service “productsâ€:

1. Helix Service Plus extended Factory service plan (two options).
  2. Helix Advance Replacement. This is a product that allows you to buy coverage by the year and if your Helix should require service, you will have a loaner unit sent next business day anywhere in the continental US in advance of your repair.

Because we only distribute directly in the US that is the only region we can offer these products.

As we just crossed the two-year mark since first customer shipment, there are a wave of US Helix units just coming out of warrantee and we will be emailing those customers with this offer (we will continue to automatically email you as your warrantee expires). Now you can have up to five years of coverage for your Helix; two years free with registration and up to three additional years purchased after that.

We put a lot of thought into just how critical Helix has become to many of our customers and we do not take that lightly. We want you to rest easy knowing that we are here if you need us. Please follow the link to find out more and read the FAQs. Let us know what you think!

Europe is certainly doing a better job of protecting their consumers than the U.S.! Where is our 2 year warranty?  I have found L6 to be exemplary about supporting their products but a longer warranty would definitely give me more of a warm fuzzy feeling!

Thanks, well aware of this and it is nice this option is available. Good to see old posts still get read but heads up you are responding to a post from January 2016. A lot of things have changed since then.  :)