Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi TT seems very slow

poortomsacold

Hello All

I do hope somebody can help.

I recently picked up an Amplifi TT as I liked the idea of Bluetooth connectivity and the automatic matching of guitar tones to the track you want to play along with. Having played around with it for a while now, I have a playlist of my favourite jam along tracks, and have highlighted my favourite tones from the cloud. Now I'd have thought that by doing this, whenever the next track starts, it would automatically recall my favourite tone so that I could start playing straight away with the correct tone loaded.

However, whenever a new track starts, it takes between 30-40 seconds for the right tone to be pulled through, meaning I then have to restart the track. I've tried saving the tones/patches to my tones and also the Amplifi itself, but it makes no difference. I've also tried selecting not to automatically load tracks, but that doesn't work and the app always spends ages retrieving other tones from the cloud.

Finally, I've tried using the app on both my iPad and iPhone 6 and have the same problem on both devices.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Maybe it's just something I need to put up with?

Thanks!

That's just how it works.

It's incredibly slow to search for and load tones, and that slowness also affects the app when it comes to starting, stopping, and pausing tracks as well.  It seems to be a combination of both the amp and the app.

There used to be an option to save a tone as a favourite, which then would be loaded automatically whenever the song/artist was played so long as the information saved with the tone was set up properly (i.e. the artist name, song name, etc) but that seems to have been removed in the latest version of the app.  Probably because it never really worked that well.  Though oddly enough, the app still makes reference to adding favourite tones.

Hopefully in a future update they'll add an option to turn off any kind of tone searching at all.  Most of the user uploaded tones in the cloud are terrible and the "matching" system is a farce.  If there are no tones in the cloud with that match the artist of the song you're playing, you get randomly selected tones matches that make no sense.

For instance, playing "Put A Flower In Your Pocket" by The Arcs will get you tone matches for Coldplay, Paramore, and the Metal: Rhythm tone.  

That's just how it works.

It's incredibly slow to search for and load tones, and that slowness also affects the app when it comes to starting, stopping, and pausing tracks as well.  It seems to be a combination of both the amp and the app.

There used to be an option to save a tone as a favourite, which then would be loaded automatically whenever the song/artist was played so long as the information saved with the tone was set up properly (i.e. the artist name, song name, etc) but that seems to have been removed in the latest version of the app.  Probably because it never really worked that well.  Though oddly enough, the app still makes reference to adding favourite tones.

Hopefully in a future update they'll add an option to turn off any kind of tone searching at all.  Most of the user uploaded tones in the cloud are terrible and the "matching" system is a farce.  If there are no tones in the cloud with that match the artist of the song you're playing, you get randomly selected tones matches that make no sense.

For instance, playing "Put A Flower In Your Pocket" by The Arcs will get you tone matches for Coldplay, Paramore, and the Metal: Rhythm tone.

Hi Jaguar9080

Thanks for taking the time to reply. What you have said is really helpful - stops me wasting more time on trying to achieve what currently isn't possible with this unit yet (or maybe ever!).

It's a shame that it's so slow as otherwise it's a cracking piece of kit. But sadly the delays do not put it much above my Blackstar ID Core Beam.

Thanks again.

Tom

use a fbv mrk ii shortboars  foot pedal to have 4 tones a b c d. use  5 switches to modinfy each of adcd output.each tone.   i name sound as a song  or as a type of guitar or music type.  ie concert clasical acoustic..  or Nightmoves  or  clasic 50s rock........