Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Certain CustomTone Presets Do Not Seem to have Volume (silent)

geetar42

Hello Helix Folks!

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, because I figure I'm just overlooking the obvious in the preset.  But several of the CustomTone patches can be downloaded, but when you test them, there is no volume.  You can adjust pedal, etc, but still no volume.  Do some people setup presets like this and have something set differently in the Global Settings (like inputs/outputs, etc)?  Or does it have to do with the paths of the preset? 

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment!

geetar42

Could be custom IR locations.

Only the ir location number is saved with the patch. Make sure you change the ir location to where you saved it, or insert an ir in the same number as the patch is looking to.

patches and ir's are totally seperate things. The patch only looks to a location. If you dont have any ir's, put a CAB to you liking in place of the ir block.

I noticed this too. There are more reasan this could happen. I found in most cases one of the following reasons:

1. The input is set to a different input as the one you plugged in: Change the input to multi or to the one you're using.
  2. There is an effects loop active: Just bypass all effect loops.
  3. In other cases there was a volume pedal with volume position at 0: Try to bypass the block.

fido083 and Dshow -- I appreciate both of you taking time to answer and I believe that both of you are probably correct.  I was leaning more toward the choice of input settings or some sort of global setting.  I must confess, I really want to learn more about the Impulse Response (IR).  I'm basically ignorant on the IR use, but it makes sense that if someone has an IR assigned and I don't have it installed, then the preset is basically incomplete until I get that IR -- right?  It would be great if the IR would transfer with the preset as just another block or "effect", but I realize it's not quite that simple.  Thank you both and maybe some other Helixers will comment.  I'm just glad to know someone has experienced it and it's not just me!  :)

My limited knowledge is that IR's are used like cabs in Helix. It makes sense to me that ir's can be reverbs too.

Go to the ir block and replace it with a CAB block until you can download the proper ir and put it in the correct location - done on the Helix library software.

in response to ir transfering like effect blocks, it does. The blocks just point to the effects built into helix. Since ir's are custom, there is no way for helix to have them.