Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Models you wish they would add...

RandyBrooks

I'd love to see some cool reverbs like in the Big Sky. That's a sound I haven't been able to get out of the Helix yet

That might be a tall order. The helix uses 2 shark processors to do amp, cab simulation plus effects. The Big Sky uses 1 shark processor dedicated to basically one effect so unless you're willing to have one of the helix's signal paths dedicated to one effect...

That might be a tall order. The helix uses 2 shark processors to do amp, cab simulation plus effects. The Big Sky uses 1 shark processor dedicated to basically one effect so unless you're willing to have one of the helix's signal paths dedicated to one effect...

Yes. I have a bunch of simple patches that only use one path. I’d be willing to dedicate one proc to a great verb.

• Upvote 1

Trainwreck Express FTW!

Guys, I know there's a lot of amps I'd like in there, but wouldn't you be most interested in some of the greatest sounding amps that you'll NEVER be able to get your hands on (i.e. one of the fewer than 100 Trainwrecks ever made) and NEVER be able to afford (i.e., Dumble Overdrive Special cost more than $50000).  

Case in point - I'd never played and actual ($3000) Klon, but was BLOWN away when I got to play the model on my Helix I was sold.  I bought an ARC FX Klon clone just both double check and to have a quick 'throw in the bag' pedal.  The Helix's "clone" and the ARC clone both sound sooo good that I haven't even bothered to A/B them!

TLDR;  Given the fidelity of Helix's modeling, I want it to provide me with what I otherwise could never have - a Trainwreck.  

Thank you Line 6!

And another Dr Bonkers Polytone, 12" this time.

Demo clips are, uh, awkward, but I like the stuff of his I have a lot, and they certainly aren't me-too cabs you can get anywhere.

Don't have either of those though. Yet, maybe.

Ah thats the one i'd want - the MiniBrute II  - since I used to own one. 

Might buy the IR.

Thanks for the heads-up ! 

• 2 months later...

I don't know the extent to which this might be of interest, but I just added a request in IdeaScale for Line 6 to consider adding the Solodallas Shaffer Replica to the Helix dynamics FX group (see http://solodallas.com/the-schaffer-replica). Although this is been part of the magic behind Angus Young's (AC/DC) sound, it's one of those somewhat vintage FX that could find tone-shaping use in other contexts.

If you'd like to "vote it up" for Line 6 consideration, here's the URL to the idea I posed in IdeaScale:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Add-SOLODALLAS-Shaffer-Replica-to-Helix-FX/921546-23508#idea-tab-comments

Thanks! 

• 4 years later...