Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pocket Pod Broken? Loud Static

Hi Everyone

I got a brand new pocket pod on the weekend and I think its broken...

When i plug it in, it functions correctly with no background noise, but over the space of 1-2 minutes the background static noise increases from zero and becomes really loud.

If i power off the unit for about a minute and plug it back in the background noise has gone and starts building up again. If i quickly power off the unit and on again the astatic noise remains is at the same level.

I dont think its the guitar, because when i unplug the cable from the guitar end the loud static noise remains the same. I have tried changing batteries and doing a factory reset with no effect. Tried changing all possible settings including the noise gate.

Changing settings on the pod does not effect the static noise level in any way once it has built up. Im guessing its some sort of electrical  fault with the unit, unless anyone else has suggestions? I do not have a power adaptor to test it.

Thanks in advance

I would try a new cable. If you unplug the cable from the guitar it is very typical to get static, especial with high gain.

What if you unplug the cable entirely from the POD?

If the noise goes away, that would suggest it is your cable.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I just purchase a pocket POD today and I have the exact same problem.  At first, it works fine but after about 2 to 5 minutes, static comes gradualy and build up to a point where it is realy bothering and the guitar sound is fuzzy.  This noise appear with batteries and also with AC adapter.

the sound is still there if a USB cable is connected between the POD and a computer wether a guitar cable is connected in "guitar in" or not.

That is not a cable problem : I have tried several cables, all working fine with the other piece of equipement I own, one of them being a POD XT Live.

I'd like to know if you encountered this problem beside the post at the top of this topic?  And is it a case of replacing the unit?

Thank you for your help

• 3 weeks later...

2007 Pocket Pod after 5 months loud noise like bad ground. But  amp works fine without Pod.

Headphone noise.Did find if I crake to full volume one side can be heard the other noise. Called Line 6 again tommorow. Reset no good. Had already update firmware.  

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. After a few minutes of playing, the fuzzy static sound increases (setting the effect back to clean does not produce a clean sound). If I leave the unit un-powered for several minutes then power it up again, the static noise is goes away and then comes back again after playing for sometime.

• 11 months later...

I have had the same problem with my Pocket POD since new. I've wrote up two tickets to LIne 6 support and they won't even acknowledge that there is a problem. I have been told to find another unit online somewhere because it isn't worth fixing since its past the 90 day warranty period. Great support, huh? I wonder how many othe customers were told to toss there PODs away?

• 4 years later...