Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Defective Scribble Strip?

ColonelForbin

Have not seen any other reports of this yet so it is most likely physical and coincidental. I would definitely try backing up and reflashing the firmware or even rolling back to experiment and find out though.

This morning in my hotel room I backed up my presets, etc., and did a switch 9&10 reset. The problem is still there, even on factory presets, regardless of the FS configuration. I have another gig tonight, so I'm not that keen to try a roll back. It's more of an inconvenience than anything, but scribble strips was the deciding factor when I bought it. I use them a lot.

• Upvote 1

This morning in my hotel room I backed up my presets, etc., and did a switch 9&10 reset. The problem is still there, even on factory presets, regardless of the FS configuration. I have another gig tonight, so I'm not that keen to try a roll back. It's more of an inconvenience than anything, but scribble strips was the deciding factor when I bought it. I use them a lot.

Scribble strips figured heavily into my purchasing decision as well, I know how you feel. This is probably a bad scribble strip and you most likely will end up having to contact Line6 for repair or replacement. However, it might be worth not just doing a global reset but also reflashing the firmware first to ensure it is not a corrupted firmware issue.

Scribble strips figured heavily into my purchasing decision as well, I know how you feel. This is probably a bad scribble strip and you most likely will end up having to contact Line6 for repair or replacement. However, it might be worth not just doing a global reset but also reflashing the firmware first to ensure it is not a corrupted firmware issue.

Thanks, Honest! When you say "reflashing the firmware", do you mean re-loading version 2.10?

Just had a line show up through one of my scribble strips. Two bad footswitches on my first Helix and now this on my second. Have to say my faith in the durability of this device is severely shaken. Hope that my retailer or Line6 will take care of this without charging me. Have several gigs coming up though and can't really afford to be without my Helix. Extremely aggravating!  :angry:

Wow! Sorry to hear that, HO. I assume you opened a support ticket.

I'm going to try and muddle through the next 2 weeks of gigs with a duff scribble strip. I'm attempting to copy my presets to another batch of slots and and modify them to always have the same function on the bad scribble strip, so I know what it is. For now I'll just leave the preset under that strip empty. I'll rethink the swapout/repair after the 1st of the year when things slow down.

FYI, after speaking with a person at one of the repair facilities in my area (who said turnaround time could be as long as 4 weeks due to waiting on parts ?!) I'm thinking that Line 6 needs to make sure all their repair facilities have plenty of scribble strips on hand. 

I'm placing a lot of faith in this device as well, putting it in checked baggage on a half dozen flights over the next couple of weeks. It's already logged over 6000 miles, probably.