Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New to the whole thing...

Ghostrider1069

I am trying to get my Amplifi 150 to run on my laptop.  I did all the downloaded the Monkey and updater.  I updated the firmware upgrades to the amp.  Now I am confused by what is the correct remote app to download.  I tried to download the Amplifi app through the store but all I get the ITunes 6464 download.  I'd really like to get this up a running asap. 

The remote app runs only on mobile devices based on the iOS and Android systems. It will not run on a laptop computer. There is no PC/Mac-based editor for AMPLIFi.

I believe there are some 3rd party programs that claim to support Android apps on a PC but I don't know whether the AMPLIFi Remote app will work on these systems. It certainly won't be supported by Line 6.

Now this is why all the confusion.  There are lots of windows 8 and 10 supported items.  Why is that? Both of those systems are not compatible with the mobile devices unless a Mac system is used.  Why would anyone build something that doesn't work?  So why have windows os involved in anyway?  Do you see my point?

The PC/Mac capability with AMPLIFi applies only to the recording capability over USB. There never was, nor is, (to my understanding) an intention to design a PC/Mac based editor. The whole design of the AMPLIFi and Firehawk devices is to maximize portability by coupling them with mobile devices and Bluetooth. The whole point was to untether the devices from a computer, except for recording and firmware updates.