Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Auxillary In

biggreydog

I would like to use the auxillary input on the Helix to plug in my iPod.  The default is for the axillary input to apply whatever effects are played in the patch.  I can change the input so that the guitar input is the only one that has effects applied to it but I don't see a way to apply this to global settings.  Otherwise, overtime I make a patch change, the auxillary input has effects applied to it.  Is there a way to globally apply this?

Here's a more general-purpose idea that can be used to address this issue (and a bunch of others!)  Please consider voting:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Global-setting-to-Hold-DSP-path-2-on-preset-change/799158-23508

+1 This is a fantastic idea and I definitely voted it up! As the idea states it addresses not only global input/output assignments but also potentially provides a way to do a much needed implementation of spillover. I think however it is a somewhat complex idea and difficult to express quickly and simply in Ideascale, otherwise it would have way more votes. Perhaps the idea could be titled differently (e.g. "Add global input/output settings and spillover capability") or perhaps summed up differently in the first paragraph, IMHO this idea should have hundreds of votes by now!

• Upvote 1

Thank you, HonestOpinion!

It is a challenge finding a title and succinct explanation that's clear for both users and the potential developers (Line 6.)  From a development/ implementation perspective I wanted to keep it as straightforward as possible: a setting that will make a DSP chip ignore a patch change event.  From there, a lot of different applications emerge, addressing a bunch of seemingly unrelated requests if users are creative with it.

P.S.  I changed the title (max length is tight) and updated the description a bit.  Let me know if you have any recommendations.