Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Uploading Modded Tones To Customtone?

jbailes

I've created quite an array of Metallica based presets that are as close to the original album tones that the spider IV will allow. I presently have them saved in a bundle in my hard drive. How can  upload each preset to customtone so others can enjoy them to.? Thank you.

In customtone (see link in banner at top of this page) you will see an Upload Tone button in the top right area of the Customtone main page. Click on it and you should be guided through the process. You cannot upload bundles; individual tones (presets) only.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the reply, but I don't know how to break into my bundle to get the individual tones. Would the be something covered in the spider IV basic user guide?

Load up your bundle into Spider IV Edit by clicking "File->Load Bundle". Then click on the preset that you want to load into CustomTone and click "File->Save As" and save that preset into it's own preset file. Then you can upload that file into Customtone.

I certainly hope people find them useful. Maybe a little tweaking here and there. But as I said, there are some tones I couldn't quite nail because I couldn't scoop the mids out enough. I guess there's a certain degree of mids that are inherent to the makeup of the amp.

Now if some company were to make a "Metallica Pedal" like digitech did with Hendrix, Clapton and Scott Ian, that would be one of the biggest selling pedals in history. They really did a good job on the Hendrix pedal, but I never tried the others. The tones were dead-on.

post-1773609-0-98252000-1375703442_thumb.jpg