Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Footswitch assigning issue

aepoc

Yeah, I think that's the expected behavior. Basically, when you're moving the effect, not the footswitch, and the custom label is tied to the footswitch. It would be nice, I suppose, if there were a way to lock the label of the footswitch so it didn't change if you changed the effects you have assigned to it.

this is my first post, and i hope I am doing this the right way. I am going to be using my HD500x in a live application. I just bought the unit last week.I asked/ told the sales person what exactly I wanted to do, naturally his answer was SURE!, but I cannot seem to get a grasp. 

Ok I have created 20 or so patches, emulating most of the tones I want for the songs we do. I created them using the edit software and have them stored in a "setlist" file in the HD500x.

Now, I want to take a WHOLE patch, and move it to a button, then another to another button, so i can recall them on the fly, with my feet. I would leave a couple open for a lead solo boost patch, that I will create and store later. I want my pedal to be a volume pedal, on each patch, which i have working now.

So I saw all the videos on assigning an EFFECT within a patch to a button, but nothing on a WHOLE patch ...seems to me this shouldn't be a problem, or is it?

this is my first post, and i hope I am doing this the right way. I am going to be using my HD500x in a live application. I just bought the unit last week.I asked/ told the sales person what exactly I wanted to do, naturally his answer was SURE!, but I cannot seem to get a grasp. 

Ok I have created 20 or so patches, emulating most of the tones I want for the songs we do. I created them using the edit software and have them stored in a "setlist" file in the HD500x.

Now, I want to take a WHOLE patch, and move it to a button, then another to another button, so i can recall them on the fly, with my feet. I would leave a couple open for a lead solo boost patch, that I will create and store later. I want my pedal to be a volume pedal, on each patch, which i have working now.

So I saw all the videos on assigning an EFFECT within a patch to a button, but nothing on a WHOLE patch ...seems to me this shouldn't be a problem, or is it?

Hi, you'd be better off asking this question in the HD forum - here: http://line6.com/support/forum/18-pod-hd/

To answer your question, you don't exactly assign presets to footswitches. You can save presets to whatever preset slot you want, and each slot can be recalled by a certain footswitch in each bank.

Whenever I rename a footswitch, and then decide that I want to move the location of that footswitch, it reverts back to it's original name.  Does this happen for anyone else?

Moving a footswitch not only loses the name and the custom LED ring color if you had one, but most importanly, it loses all multiple assignments. There is an idea in Ideascale to address this.  Please vote it up if you agree.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Move-to-new-footswitch-should-maintain-settings-on-Multiple/790995-23508

Moving a footswitch not only loses the name and the custom LED ring color if you had one, but most importanly, it loses all multiple assignments. There is an idea in Ideascale to address this.  Please vote it up if you agree.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Move-to-new-footswitch-should-maintain-settings-on-Multiple/790995-23508

Done! :)