Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

TO LINE 6: PLEASE REMOVE LOGIN INTO AMPLIFI SOFTWARE!!!

azion22

C'mon! What is the point? - Not your point, OUR point! I just want to click on the icon and use the amp. It's not like I am trying to use it illegally! I have been complaining about this login ridiculousness for ages! The best you could do was create a LOGIN AS GUEST button? - The LOGIN AS GUEST button does NOT give access to the player! Whom is this button for??? People without the amps?

C'MON. PLEASE ELIMINATE THE REPEATED LOGINS!

Why am I typing this at 1:15am??? I have already logged in a hundred times since I bought the amp! WHY?

Unbelievably insensitive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

C'mon! What is the point? - Not your point, OUR point! I just want to click on the icon and use the amp. It's not like I am trying to use it illegally! I have been complaining about this login ridiculousness for ages! The best you could do was create a LOGIN AS GUEST button? - The LOGIN AS GUEST button does NOT give access to the player! Whom is this button for??? People without the amps?

C'MON. PLEASE ELIMINATE THE REPEATED LOGINS!

Why am I typing this at 1:15am??? I have already logged in a hundred times since I bought the amp! WHY?

Unbelievably insensitive.

What version of the app are you using, and what OS (iOS or Android)?  There is no "guest login" option (at least on iOS).  You can click on "skip login" and the app works just like normal, except you have no access to "My Tones", "Favourites", or "Cloud", or the Music player (since it auto-searches the cloud for tones)

The "amp" portion of the Amplifi still works as normal.  You still have access to all the tones saved on the amp itself.  And since the Music panel in the Remote app is simply acting as a skin for the native Music app on iOS, there's no need to use it anyway.

IMG_0005.jpg

Can you show me a screen shot please, with the latest version of the app?  I know how it worked in the old app, but it doesn't work that way in the latest version.

Your advice also contradicts what the app itself says (which also doesn't work, btw).

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

On "Now Playing" screen, you hit that little up arrow to the left of the tone name to add it to your favorites. I don't think there's a way to favorite tone if you just do a manual search for it, though.

On "Now Playing" screen, you hit that little up arrow to the left of the tone name to add it to your favorites. I don't think there's a way to favorite tone if you just do a manual search for it, though.

Thanks!  Now if only you could favourite one of your own tones without uploading it to the cloud first.  The majority of the user tones are horrible.

I guess the devs at Line 6 need to do a little better with quality control and making sure that the app is consistent across all the tabs (since the instructions given on the favourites tab are showing an incorrect icon).

What device and OS are you guys using? On my iPhone 6S+, the app keeps me logged in most of the time.

iPhone 6+, latest OS. "Most of the time" is the problem. Why should anyone, instead of playing for 15-20 min. while lying in bed going to sleep instead curse himself for having forgotten the password, get up to log on to their computer to retrieve the bloody password, so they can instead of playing write an angry post???

Syncing??? Seriously? Remember the feature that made you stop your guitar playing and press an OK button JUST TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AMPLIFI SOFTWARE LOST CONNECTION AND IS RECONNECTING - ALMOST EVERY TIME YOU CHANGED A PRESET? Based on MY suggestion this feature was eliminated and now it is doing it automatically, saving the end-user silliness time.

I now suggest this button is brought back, but with the SYNC function instead. In other words, make syncing automatic and prompt the user to acknowledge it.

And design it so either the user or the software decides the frequency of the sync.

NO MORE LOGINS, PLEASE!!!

iPhone 6+, latest OS. "Most of the time" is the problem. Why should anyone, instead of playing for 15-20 min. while lying in bed going to sleep instead curse himself for having forgotten the password, get up to log on to their computer to retrieve the bloody password, so they can instead of playing write an angry post???

Syncing??? Seriously? Remember the feature that made you stop your guitar playing and press an OK button JUST TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AMPLIFI SOFTWARE LOST CONNECTION AND IS RECONNECTING - ALMOST EVERY TIME YOU CHANGED A PRESET? Based on MY suggestion this feature was eliminated and now it is doing it automatically, saving the end-user silliness time.

I now suggest this button is brought back, but with the SYNC function instead. In other words, make syncing automatic and prompt the user to acknowledge it.

And design it so either the user or the software decides the frequency of the sync.

NO MORE LOGINS, PLEASE!!!

Having to log in once every 2-3 months is no big deal.  Perhaps you should make your password something that is easier to remember.  

And the syncing is already automatic.  That's why it says "syncing" when you open the app.  There's no need to press any additional buttons or go through any other steps.

If you don't want to log in while you're somehow "lying in bed going to sleep" while playing guitar at the same time, then skip the login and use the tones stored on your amp.

• Upvote 1

Having to log in once every 2-3 months is no big deal.  Perhaps you should make your password something that is easier to remember.  

And the syncing is already automatic.  That's why it says "syncing" when you open the app.  There's no need to press any additional buttons or go through any other steps.

If you don't want to log in while you're somehow "lying in bed going to sleep" while playing guitar at the same time, then skip the login and use the tones stored on your amp.

'lying in bed going to sleep' means "preparing for bed", Not "somehow" anything.

Your reply is getting too personal. NOTHING to do with the discussion. I am trying to click on an iPhone app icon and simply USE the app - LIKE 99.99 OF ALL smartphone APPS are used. This is the norm not the exception. So start your logic from this point and STAY on it. Everything you said in your REPLY post is either subjective or opinionated: "Perhaps you should do this", "skip that".

How about making the app idiot-proof, PERIOD? - Why do you think (don't over do it) smartphones are so popular? BECAUSE THE PHONES ARE SMART, NOT THE PEOPLE.

Your suggestions are idiotic. As if I couldn't come up with "shorter password". YOU come up with shorter password. Nobody asked for your suggestion on passwords protocol. And unless you work for Line6 (I would not be surprised but I don't think you do) there is 0 need to offer idiotic suggestions that have nothing to do with the fact that this problem is real and should be resolved.

The LOGIN AS GUEST button SHOULD BE THERE for the curious customer strolling through the amps selection at the music store, seeing the amplifi for the first time or having heard of it, deciding to try it, quickly downloading the app on his smartphone and accessing the app WITHOUT HAVING TO GO THROUGH LOOPS. The goal is to SELL THE AMP! The second goal is to USE THE AMP!

Typically liberal PC way of over-thinking. Not productive and helpful to the discussion at all.

• Downvote 2

Wow kid.  You need to calm down and stop acting so entitled.  It's nobody's fault but your own that you can't remember your password.  There are no loops to go through.  If you can't remember it, write it down somewhere.

Read my post again.  I never said anything about a shorter password.  Most people don't have any problems at all remembering their passwords.  And suggesting that you make your password something that you can remember is not an idiotic suggestion.  It's actually a common suggestion when it comes to passwords.

So drop the attitude.  You're the one making it "personal".

• 2 years later...

It's doubly stupid when you read the disclaimer about using download patches and tone profiles causing your amp to lock-up or freeze. Why then would I ever need to login since, as a professional, I would never want to download anything.

The funny part is that they are essentially blaming the internet for the freezing. As a software engineer and a TCP/IP stack programmer, I find it ridiculous. At the most basic level you can do a CRC check to see if the file has been corrupted. 

FYI: the app does remember the login, it is just that the server token does expire. That changed around the same time as the change in forums. And yes, this is a stupid programming mistake,  that  I hoped was solved with the recent update. At least the app could offer to relogin just as it does on initial launch.

See also the other post about need for logging in to access local playlist: That I think is also a stupid programming error, since you could access the jamtracks without login.. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...