Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IR Block and USER Presets

bsheen

I can't figure out to use more than one IR block at a time.  It won't let me choose another IR Block when I am already using one.

Also how do you switch to the user presets?  Again I've tried switching in the drop down of the Helix preset/IR software, but can't get it to transfer.

For what its worth I'm using Windows 10.  I know when I go to the downloads site and windows 10 is selected, the Helix preset software doesn't show up that its even available.  I switched the selection to W8 and was able to see the download and am using that copy.

Thanks for any help. 

Are you trying to use 2048-pt IRs? You can only use one IR of this type per path, so if you have one in path 1, the other one must be in path 2, ie: you must split the signal from the amp before it hits the first IR.

There is a template patch in setlist 8 : 01B Parallel Spans, that illustrates the signal path, although it doesn't use IR blocks (But you can add them yourself after each amp block).

To access Setlist 8 on the device, push down the Preset wheel, then navigate using the joystick. In the Helix app, you should be able to access it by selecting Setlist 8 in the drop down menu, and then selecting preset 01B.

Beautiful!  Haven't tried through the App yet, but the preset button worked.  And it was because of the 2048.  Switched to 1024 and its all good.

So, one more question...using the Helix as an audio interface, is there a way to monitor live playing of a vst plugin like amplitube through the headphone jack with out hearing a preset?  All I want to hear is Amplitube, but through the Helix. 

So, one more question...using the Helix as an audio interface, is there a way to monitor live playing of a vst plugin like amplitube through the headphone jack with out hearing a preset? All I want to hear is Amplitube, but through the Helix. 

Yep. Set Amplitube's input to USB 7 and its output to USB 1/2. By default, USB 7 sends Helix's Guitar In signal directly to your computer, bypassing all processing blocks.

I'm not sure if the standalone version of Amplitude supports multiple USB channels, but running it as a plugin in any DAW (besides GarageBand) should work.

• Upvote 1

I got it to work, but I had to change the input on the Helix to a not connected input like aux, spdif, ect.  I just saved a blank preset with the input changed to aux.  Now you can compare the helix to any vst plugin.