Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Headphone Issue

GadgetGuitar

Plugged in headphones last night to just mess with some patches.  First time use.  Has a latency, delay and any distorted sounds are expanded.  Clean tones sound clean but have a lag/delay.  All other output works fine.  I did plug the headphones into the left 1/4" out, all the patches sound fine.

Went into Global Settings to see if I missed something?

I did not create a new blank patch and start from scratch.  I should have done that to confirm it was not an odd block.  But every patch, went through 3 banks, all had the lag/delay and sounded like it was peaking.  Again, this was with headphones plugged into the headphone jack using the headphone volume.

I did plug the headphones into the left 1/4" output to just check the patch sound.  Sounded fine.  I normally run the left XLR out to my powered monitor and right XLR to the board.  That setup sounds great.

Just used my headphone jack to practice last night, was running songs through my computer via usb and had no lag in guitar sounds or mp3s being played.

I am assuming you have done all updates with the FW so other than being hooked up to a DAW that is adding some lag I don't know what is going on with your unit, hope you figure it out soon.

Plugged in headphones last night to just mess with some patches.  First time use.  Has a latency, delay and any distorted sounds are expanded.  Clean tones sound clean but have a lag/delay.  All other output works fine.  I did plug the headphones into the left 1/4" out, all the patches sound fine.

Went into Global Settings to see if I missed something?

I would suggest opening a ticket to get some assistance in resolving this issue. 

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

It is the headphones apparently.  Not just any headphones, my Sennheiser HD500 headphones which i use for everything.  I created a new patch with just a simple amp/cab block.  Running the HD500 set, there is a definite lag/delay/peak.  The HD500 has a replaceable cable, so I got a new cable, same thing.  We run the same set of headphones on a phone with Garageband, all is fine.  We run the same set with an electric drum set all is fine.

We tried two other sets of headphones on the Helix.  Another set of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, sound fine.  A set of my sons Beats, sounds fine.

The Sennheiser HD 500 set of cans is what I have been using for many years, never seen them not work on anything.  Just the Helix and that set do not work.  They do work with everything else even the old HD500.

It is the headphones apparently.  Not just any headphones, my Sennheiser HD500 headphones which i use for everything.  I created a new patch with just a simple amp/cab block.  Running the HD500 set, there is a definite lag/delay/peak.  The HD500 has a replaceable cable, so I got a new cable, same thing.  We run the same set of headphones on a phone with Garageband, all is fine.  We run the same set with an electric drum set all is fine.

We tried two other sets of headphones on the Helix.  Another set of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, sound fine.  A set of my sons Beats, sounds fine.

The Sennheiser HD 500 set of cans is what I have been using for many years, never seen them not work on anything.  Just the Helix and that set do not work.  They do work with everything else even the old HD500.

That is the strangest issue...there shouldn't be anything to cause that. 

That's interessting - I have a Sennheiser HD280 Pro too and used it over the last years with all PODs starting from the XT. Never had a problem.

Is the HD500 an 32 Ohm? My Sennheiser HD280 Pro Silver has 64. Headphone connection on Helix is 12 Ohms if I'm right but that shouldn't be a Problem.