Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

duoverb editor?

There never was an editor for the Duoverb. It's pretty much a wysiwyg amp. You can access a bunch more presets and wah, volume and tuner if you use the FBV Shortboard controller with it, but other than that, everything you can do with it is accessible from the front panel controls.

The duoverb manual gives all the different types of reverb you can change. Why would they give them if you cant access or change/edit them from either the amp OR the fbv? I am not new to this. I have xt live, xtpro, flextone 3 and bass xtpro so am use to how they work/edit. Always the same, great gear, nightmare software set up and downloading. I would like to use an editor to change reverb type, cabinet models and air models. All the midi info is in the manual (section 5.2) but NONE of these parameters can be accessed WITHOUT an editor. So still stuck and feeling a little palmed of . . .

You can access those hidden function with any standard MIDI controller that sends CCs. It's kind of the same way the DT amps work. When the Duoverb was still being made, it was marketed as a stripped-down, amp-modeling only amp. The stuff you're talking was kind of put in there as sort of a bonus, I guess. I imagine most people never even messed with it. I don't think anyone ever made a MIDI editor for the Duoverb. Someone did end up developing one for the DT amps, though.

I owned the Duoverb for a few years and really liked it. I sold it mainly because it was too big for my needs. It's one of the largest 2x12 amps I've ever seen, really. Anyway, you have a great-sounding amp regardless o

Thanks phil. I rest my case. They sell an amp for around a grand and dont release an editor for it. They expect people on the forum to answer questions for them. Great products and terrible after sales service. Wether people want to use the functions on the amp is irrelevant really. If you want to use it, it should be easy to access. If you bought a car with a stereo in it, would you be annoyed if it was locked away in a place you couldnt get at and had no controls to turn it on and change the station? This is my point. I want the sound i want, have the tools i need to get that but its made difficult AGAIN! Its such a shame as the products are SO good

Well, the deep editing ability stuff in the DT amps was released as a free update. I never really heard any users complaining about it here. The Duoverb and these amps were kind of marketed as modeling amps for people who don't to mess with the typical modeling amp workflow - hence the lack of editors. Also, the DT amps were introduced to work hand in hand with the POD HD line via L6 Link.

Anyway, I think the Duoverb has been discontinued for over a decade now...

Also, this forum is just a user forum. If you have a question that you need to talk to Line 6 support about, you can open a support ticket or call them directly. These aren't really support forums any longer.

• 9 months later...

Ahhhh - here is sort of an update. I found a copy of the "Patch Manager" or at least the decade old cd has that sharpied on the front.

I'll give it a test and see if its the elusive Patch Manager (I think I saw a movie with that title), try to install and if it is I'll try and get it going with the D'Verb.

Stay Tuned.

-B

<edit> Yep confirmed working - nice interface too. So if there is anyone that needs it I'll post it.

• 7 months later...

Ahhhh - here is sort of an update. I found a copy of the "Patch Manager" or at least the decade old cd has that sharpied on the front.

I'll give it a test and see if its the elusive Patch Manager (I think I saw a movie with that title), try to install and if it is I'll try and get it going with the D'Verb.

Stay Tuned.

-B

<edit> Yep confirmed working - nice interface too. So if there is anyone that needs it I'll post it.

I would really appreciate if you could post the Patch Manager.  I've had a Duoverb for about 13 years and would love to experiment with it.  Until very recently I wasn't aware of the possibility with this particular amp. 

I would really appreciate if you could post the Patch Manager.  I've had a Duoverb for about 13 years and would love to experiment with it.  Until very recently I wasn't aware of the possibility with this particular amp. 

Give me a day or two and I will post a link after I upload it to a hosting site. BTW a good midi/usb adaptor like the M-Audio Uno is needed.

The Duoverb has some good stuff under the hood. ;)

Edit: Found it: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=90152876963048897950

That should be it, if not I will get the one from home when I get there.

• 11 months later...
On 6/14/2017 at 5:26 AM, BillBee said:

Give me a day or two and I will post a link after I upload it to a hosting site. BTW a good midi/usb adaptor like the M-Audio Uno is needed.

The Duoverb has some good stuff under the hood. ;)

Edit: Found it: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=90152876963048897950

That should be it, if not I will get the one from home when I get there.

Hello BillBee,

I went to download the software from the link you provided but it has since been removed from the server. Could you possibly upload it again?

Much appreciated

• 3 years later...