Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X with stomp boxes

sunrizecharter1

Hey guys I am running  500X HD with some stomp boxes. from what i can see on youtube, plug in my guitar to the first box then make a chain and go into guitar input of the HD 500X there is also a send & return in the back of the 500X  Im not sure if the order makes a diff. look at the video, I should also mention I am also using a 100 watt a side stereo power amp w/ a 341 duel stereo 15 band EQ thanks

Yes, order makes a difference --- which is why I had multiple of many pedals. Effects sound different when put before or after each other. 

What will work best for you will all depend on you want. Grab a bunch of wires and test out various configurations.

Hello I use several stomp boxes for electric and acoustic guitar.
In front of my HD500x I use the mooer blues crab (bluesbreaker clone)

and the mooer hustle drive (ocd clone) for electric guitar and

the TC bodyrez for my acoustic. All pedals are true bypass !!!

In the fx loop I use the Fulltone Plimsoul for lead guitar,

Here I use the expression pedal for blending in the fx loop. Works fantastic.
Here is an image of my pedal board. Amp is my DT25 via L6-Link.

I don't use the dist pedals in the HD500x. 

With this setting I have the best of both worlds !!!

12342409_912272885529302_527774167918942

• Upvote 1

I used to use a full pedalboard with my HD 500. It looked like this.

pedalboard_update_2013-12-04_web_zps72b8

I used all the buffer, volume pedal and gain/comp/distortion stuff before the input. Put the POG2 in the loop, turned it on with a footswitch.

POD HD worked with external pedals really well imho. That EP booster was my "secret sauce". Might get another one again...

Hello I use several stomp boxes for electric and acoustic guitar.

In front of my HD500x I use the mooer blues crab (bluesbreaker clone)

and the mooer hustle drive (ocd clone) for electric guitar and

the TC bodyrez for my acoustic. All pedals are true bypass !!!

In the fx loop I use the Fulltone Plimsoul for lead guitar,

Here I use the expression pedal for blending in the fx loop. Works fantastic.

Here is an image of my pedal board. Amp is my DT25 via L6-Link.

I don't use the dist pedals in the HD500x. 

With this setting I have the best of both worlds !!!

Looks KILLER! NICE!

I dig PeterHamm's Pedalboard, too. Nice and Clean.

The problem I had with using pedals BEFORE the Hd500 was always that I wanted to use the Pod's WahWah and I don't like the wah AFTER effects. Especially ODs and DISTs.

I had an AMT P2 (5150 in a box) in the Loop but it didnt do well. I used it as amp model (by the time the HD500 had no 5150) and had it always on. So that the Loop itself made the on and off on the Pedal (you get what I mean?). Sadly in my case even when the Loop was OFF, but IN the whole Signal chain, there was humming and buzzing. Without loop everything was silent. So I had to rework that and since then I am not using pedals.

I might look into a Chorus pedal again to put inbetween as I dont like the HD500 Chorus. A few months ago I experimented with a Harley Benton super Chorus pedal (Boss Knock Off i guess) and it sounded amazing. Unfortunatelly I was to lazy to build a whole pedalboard just for that anf also sold the pedal. Now seeing the Mooer pedals and their tiny space I guess I have to go back to the (pedalboard) planning board!

• 2 years later...

Hello. Brand new here. Bare with my "noobness". I saw that you can hook up external pedals thru the HD500 effect loop jacks to make it accessible as a patch on the HD500. What is the best way (to retain individual tone/sound characteristics of the device and stomp boxes INDIVIDUALLY) to do this while also using the effects loop on my amp AND using the "on screen" placement of the effects loop on the HD500 so I can have some of the internal effects of the HD500 before the amp's preamp and some of them after the amp's preamp? Is this even possible while still retaining the best individual sound quality of each device as well as the amp (Blackstar HT40)? Sorry for the long ?complicated? post but I have searched for hours and not found a "catch-all" answer, so I am turning to the pros! I want to use the 4 cable method as well.

Edited by rduchac
Forgot something

hurghanico THANK YOU SO MUCH! I did not think there was a complete answer available for me on this and it seems YOU NAILED IT!! I am going to try it today but I could not wait to thank you for going out of your way to find this INCREDIBLY HELPFUL info for my dilemna! Wow! He seems to address EVERYONE of my concerns and gives detailed explanations on how/why it works as well as how to fix it! Thank you man!! You have made my day! I TRULY appreciate you man!

10 hours ago, rduchac said:

Hello. Brand new here. Bare with my "noobness". I saw that you can hook up external pedals thru the HD500 effect loop jacks to make it accessible as a patch on the HD500. What is the best way (to retain individual tone/sound characteristics of the device and stomp boxes INDIVIDUALLY) to do this while also using the effects loop on my amp AND using the "on screen" placement of the effects loop on the HD500 so I can have some of the internal effects of the HD500 before the amp's preamp and some of them after the amp's preamp? Is this even possible while still retaining the best individual sound quality of each device as well as the amp (Blackstar HT40)? Sorry for the long ?complicated? post but I have searched for hours and not found a "catch-all" answer, so I am turning to the pros! I want to use the 4 cable method as well.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/18/2018 at 3:26 PM, rduchac said:

hurghanico THANK YOU SO MUCH! I did not think there was a complete answer available for me on this and it seems YOU NAILED IT!! I am going to try it today but I could not wait to thank you for going out of your way to find this INCREDIBLY HELPFUL info for my dilemna! Wow! He seems to address EVERYONE of my concerns and gives detailed explanations on how/why it works as well as how to fix it! Thank you man!! You have made my day! I TRULY appreciate you man!

Hi! Could you share your knowledge? I have same question for 4CM, I want to use external TS but after POD Wau in the chain before amp and few POD effects and external EQ in effects loop  (after effect loop block in the POD chain)...