Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Knob Response

gnogtr

I have reset my firmware, factory reset, and everything else I can think of but I cannot make it work.  The scribble strips are blank (they do work but have no writing on them) and the knobs don't respond at all.  Has anyone else experienced this?  We were recording (L6 isn't open on Saturday so I can't call) and now we have lost the workhorse.  I don't want to have to send it in for repair because we all know it'll be May before I get it back.  Does anybody know a way to fix this?  I need it!

Sounds like you've done about everything you can from your end. I'd open up a support ticket. I can't imagine why it would take them until May to fix it. Heck, I'd be surprised if they didn't just send you a replacement based on the symptoms you're describing.

• 2 weeks later...

I´ve had the same problem.  Some strips go complete blank, others show corrupted characters, others random pixel movement.  I just opened a ticket a few minutes ago.  It appears to be a software issue, cause when the strips work fine the resolution is perfect.  Restarting the Helix can solve the problem, but not all the time, sometimes the problems comes back after a few minutes of restarting.  

I live in Guatemala, so having a replacement could be a nightmare.  I am crossing my fingers is a software issue that can be solved remotely.  

• 3 weeks later...

I upgraded the firmware.  Problem has disappear since then, hope it is for good.  Unfortunately now the tempo panel turns on and off randomly when I am playing or programming the Helix.  It is a pain when I am programming it and the tempo panel screen jumps out whenever it wants!