Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 pod x3 live and Gearbox saving banks problem

afilosof

I am using Line 6 pod x3 live and I have a problem that I can’t find a solution to. I wanted to make some individual sounds so I downloaded the last version of Line 6 Monkey from the official site. After downloading drivers I installed GearBox. My GearBox detected Line 6 pod x3 live and all the Banks. After that I changed configurations of some Banks and used the Put All button to save it all to Line 6 pod x3 live. While I was using my pod connected to computer it all worked alright. When I disconnect the pod from computer Tone 2 in all Banks was the same as the last Tone 2 used in active Channel.

When I connected Line 6 pod x3 live to computer with GearBox it all worked alright – all Banks had the right configurations I have made before. That I tried to get all Banks from my Line 6 to GearBox with Get All button and all Banks had the right configurations too.

The problem is that when I disconnect Line 6 from computer Tone 2 in all Banks has the configuration of the last Tone 2 of the active Channel.

I would be very glad if you could help me to solve the problem.

It tough to say dude. Its been a few months since I fired the X3 up but are you saving the presets as Dual Tones? You can try saving via the unit itself too once the tones are loaded.

If you think its a bad flash you can always reflash it.

-B

It tough to say dude. Its been a few months since I fired the X3 up but are you saving the presets as Dual Tones? You can try saving via the unit itself too once the tones are loaded.

If you think its a bad flash you can always reflash it.

-B

I 'm saving as dual tone all the presets. I tried to refresh flash memory with Line6 Monkey, set to default all the presets. But Tone2 stays the same in the presets at all 32 default banks. Also I tried to set on my X3 all versions of flash memory from download at lin6.com, Tone2 the same. But while X3 connected to PC all banks work right. Is it posible to do the hard reset of Line6 pod x3 live?

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-x3/pod-x3-series-factory-reset-reflash-and-firm-r412

That or

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/74577/

The 2nd one goes into safe mode where IIRC you can check things like the pedal cal and memory. Might be something went bad and a support tick might be needed to be sent in. Link at the top "support".

Hope it works.

-B

• 6 years later...
On 1/14/2016 at 2:47 PM, afilosof said:

I 'm saving as dual tone all the presets. I tried to refresh flash memory with Line6 Monkey, set to default all the presets. But Tone2 stays the same in the presets at all 32 default banks. Also I tried to set on my X3 all versions of flash memory from download at lin6.com, Tone2 the same. But while X3 connected to PC all banks work right. Is it posible to do the hard reset of Line6 pod x3 live?

Hello, I read about your problem (because it is exactly the same as what I have in my hands at the moment, and I'm desperately looking for a solution here on the forum.... did you manage to solve yours (and now also my problem, with your POD X3 Live)?
If yes, can you explain to me how you solved it Thank you in advance

P.S : I finally found someone with the same problem, it's an anguish to look for this error in other owners of this pedalboard and not find anything similar.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2016 at 10:41 PM, afilosof said:

I am using Line 6 pod x3 live and I have a problem that I can’t find a solution to. I wanted to make some individual sounds so I downloaded the last version of Line 6 Monkey from the official site. After downloading drivers I installed GearBox. My GearBox detected Line 6 pod x3 live and all the Banks. After that I changed configurations of some Banks and used the Put All button to save it all to Line 6 pod x3 live. While I was using my pod connected to computer it all worked alright. When I disconnect the pod from computer Tone 2 in all Banks was the same as the last Tone 2 used in active Channel.

When I connected Line 6 pod x3 live to computer with GearBox it all worked alright – all Banks had the right configurations I have made before. That I tried to get all Banks from my Line 6 to GearBox with Get All button and all Banks had the right configurations too.

The problem is that when I disconnect Line 6 from computer Tone 2 in all Banks has the configuration of the last Tone 2 of the active Channel.

I would be very glad if you could help me to solve the problem.

Hello, I read about your problem (because it is exactly the same as what I have in my hands at the moment, and I'm desperately looking for a solution here on the forum.... did you manage to solve yours (and now also my problem, with your POD X3 Live)?
If yes, can you explain to me how you solved it Thank you in advance

P.S : I finally found someone with the same problem, it's an anguish to look for this error in other owners of this pedalboard and not find anything similar.

• Sad 1