Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Arrival now in March ??

brainbug

Yep, unfortunately the same for me :-(

Still waiting for the helix to be in stock at Thomann or Baxshop. (I Live in France)

Don't feel much for preordering the unit, while no certainty about the delivery date.

A bummer, as I desperately want this beautiful machine!

Pop up the production, please... :-)

Don't feel much for preordering the unit, while no certainty about the delivery date.

Yeah, I don't get it. Nothing is that good. Waiting months on end, only to be told repeatedly, "Sorry, maybe next month", is ridiculous. Life is short. When I stroll into ManiacalRiffs, Inc and there are a stack of 6 of them in a corner, that's when I'll pick one up...98 seconds for them to ring it up, and off I'll go.

Remember that these are retailers changing their dates, not Line 6. L6 is very careful about dates in general.

Imagine this scenario.

You're a retailer.

Amalgamated Musical Stuff is selling the Whiz-bang 2000 XL Mk II. It is a big step up from both their Mk I and the Whiz-bang 1000. 

They tell the reseller that they can provide you 10 units per month.

Then they tell you that they should be arriving starting in January.

On Jan 1, you put on your site "available now", and you get 20 orders.

So, you update your site to say "available march 1", and people get in line and you get 50 orders.

So, you update your site to say "available June 1".

30 people cancel.

Now your site says "available March 1."

Then, you get a call saying that they'll be getting 20 a month.

Now the site says "available soon".

Find your favorite reliable dealer, order... and wait... that's probably the best way to get it.

It's gonna be a while before anyone can hit Bob's Music Emporium and walk out with Helix the same day. AFAIK, dealers filled all initial (read: last summer) preorders; it's just that more preorders keep filling the gaps in availability. So far, we've shipped way more Helices than expected.

TL;DR: Get your preorder in.

• Upvote 2

It's gonna be a while before anyone can hit Bob's Music Emporium and walk out with Helix the same day. AFAIK, dealers filled all initial (read: last summer) preorders; it's just that more preorders keep filling the gaps in availability. So far, we've shipped way more Helices than expected.

This is what the people I trust at GC said, too. They're getting way more orders than expected units anytime soon. So you can preorder and wait, or preorder and call everyday and try to catch one between a store and delivery, as some have done.

Ok you've convinced me, placed the order. (I guess I'm lost already and became a helix addict)

Ok you've convinced me, placed the order. (I guess I'm lost already and became a helix addict)

The good news is that once you receive it it will not satisfy your addiction, but fuel it further.

It really is an amazing product and exceeds expectations in surprising ways.

• Upvote 1