Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please change the coating material (pic enclosed)

I really like the Line 6 live sound products, but the material on the had miss for the XD-v35 and XE-V75 systems flakes off really easily.  We only use them twice a week for church services and performances.  The speakers/performers have been instructed how to properly handle them, and they always go back in their protective cases. 

That being said, the black coating (at least in the middle) seems to peel very easily.  We have already gotten one replacement a while ago, but it just looks really bad on stage and it's enough to make us not purchase these hand mics again.

I was going to wrap it in some kind of black Gorilla Tape or fabric tape like on a tennis racket until I realized it looked pretty nice just taking it all off with the Gorilla Tape.

Have a look

post-1791662-0-66056900-1452533140_thumb.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how common this is. It's possible that one of your regular users is just one of those people who produce corrosive sweat - it's not unheard of for some people to simply be chemically incompatible with certain products. Or perhaps someone with sharp jewellery that keeps scratching away at it. Or maybe just a dodgy batch of mics.

You might want to raise a support ticket with Line6 if you want a response from them though.

• 5 months later...

The same here, with XD 75. I've used the wireless microphone 10 times in 3 years but the problem is that there is no way to replace the middle part, the support denied the substitution, neither paying it. 
So now it's not nice to use it in this way. So unfortunately NO MORE LINE6 products also because it's not the cheapest one!!
Bye Bye Line 6