Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

4CM Template FX Loop Footswitch Re-assign

WithALoudNoise

Hey all,

Don't know why the heck I can't figure this out.  On the 4CM template, I want to remove the Send/Return assignment (labeled Helix Preamp) and assign it to control the Channel Select of my Egnater Tweaker.  I have it all working, but I can't seem to make it stop turning the FX Loop on and off.  How do I un-assign the Send/Return FXLoop from the footswitch?

Also, what exactly does the footswitch do when assigned to Helix Preamp in the 4CM Template patch?

Thanks, love the Helix but feel like I am wracking my brain for something that is probably wicked simple.

In that template, FS6 (HELIX PREAMP) controls both the Preamp and FX Loop's bypass—it lets you toggle between your real preamp (in 4 cable method) and one of Helix's Preamp models. Here's what you can do:

1. Highlight the Preamp block, press ACTION, and then Knob 3 (Clear Block).
  2. Highlight the FX Loop block, press MENU, and then Knob 1 (Footswitch Assign). Turn Knob 1 (Footswitch) to None to disable footswitch control of the FX Loop.

In that template, FS6 (HELIX PREAMP) controls both the Preamp and FX Loop's bypass—it lets you toggle between your real preamp (in 4 cable method) and one of Helix's Preamp models. Here's what you can do:

1. Highlight the Preamp block, press ACTION, and then Knob 3 (Clear Block).
  2. Highlight the FX Loop block, press MENU, and then Knob 1 (Footswitch Assign). Turn Knob 1 (Footswitch) to None to disable footswitch control of the FX Loop.

Thanks!  Much appreciated!  Tell me, is there any danger in using a Helix preamp via this template into an Egnater Tweaker 40 all tube amp?  That could seriously open up a huge amount of possibilities but I would not want to damage the amp.

Thanks!

Thanks!  Much appreciated!  Tell me, is there any danger in using a Helix preamp via this template into an Egnater Tweaker 40 all tube amp?  That could seriously open up a huge amount of possibilities but I would not want to damage the amp.

I can't see why it wouldn't work.  :)

Thanks! Much appreciated! Tell me, is there any danger in using a Helix preamp via this template into an Egnater Tweaker 40 all tube amp? That could seriously open up a huge amount of possibilities but I would not want to damage the amp.

Thanks!

Have you noticed any noise using the ext amp switching on the helix? As soon as I plug his connection in, I get a buzz. I've got the same amp. Tried different cables. Still the same.

I seem to remember this amps were actually a 4 function foot switch?

is the foot switch can't just a normal TRS?

The other thing I remember is that the foot switch had LEDs I'm wondering if carrying power over the foot switch cable is causing an issue

But you are saying that when you plug the ext into the helix on its own

No other connections .. You are getting noise?

Tweaker 40 is just two button - Channel and FX Loop so just normal TRS

Yeh, it does have leds on the OEM footswitch but surely they won't need much, 

If I only connect helix ext amp to footswitch on egnater there is noise. There is no noise until it is plugged in to the helix, which screams to me that the helix is the problem.

button 1 switches channels and button 2 switches the Fx loop ? Is my recollection correct?

It might be worth trying a trs to 2 mono adaptors at the amp end to find out if one of the functions (I suspect the FX loop switching) is causing the noise

Sorry I don't have one of those amps here to try

I am using standard TS instrument cable and have noticed no noise. I do get a whine coming from the amp with USB connected which could be a real problem because I wanted to use the helix as an interface for Ableton. I am only switching channels of the M no need to switch the effects loop . Eventually I will probably switch to an L 2M as the helix sounds awesome. So far really happy with the results of the four cable method.

One thing I did notice is that if I use the four cable method template with the helix preamp button as soon as I switch it it's extremely loud . I have to knock down the master output of each preamp to about one or two from the default eight . dont Know if there's a way around this by level setting. It Is likely I won't be using a preamp though as the stomp boxes with the preamp of the Egnater sound phenomenal.