Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USB Recording without saving music library track

andrewkeene

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to do USB recording without having the record stream have the music library track layered on top of the guitar?  I like to have just the guitar recorded, but also be able to listen to the music library track I am playing at the same time through my headphones.  Is there an easy way to achieve this that I am not considering? 

Also, does anyone have any tips for the easiest way to align multiple recordings, say for lead and rhythm guitar individual recordings.  I have been using audacity but no matter how hard I try I always get that slight delay that produces an echo effect.

Thank you.

The USB should only send the processed guitar, no BT audio stream, are you saying it is recording the BT stream also?

To align tracks from different records it's best to have been recorded against a click track, or some other consistent timing reference.

I usually use virtual drums as a click track.

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, if I play the audio track through the music library within the Amplifi Android application it will record the BT stream as well.  I am using Audacity on Windows 10 with the latest firmware on the FX100.  I was shocked at this result also. 

I’m seeing the same behavior, either my memory fails me or something changed with a FW update. I’ll do a little digging.

One approach would be to import the song/backing track into your DAW instead of using the AMPLIFi player.

FWIW, Audacity does not support ASIO out of the box, you can however compile it add ASIO support (check their wiki). I mention this because as your recording experience evolves ASIO may become more critical, also, you may want to consider a more robust DAW, especially if you start using plug-ins.

Thanks for doing some digging for me, I'd appreciate it.  If the devs added an option in the app to allow more control over what is recorded from the USB output on the FX that would be great.  They have the "advanced routing" option in the Android application, this would be the ideal location for such an option. 

Is there a general place to submit bugs in the Android app?  I've had a few force crashes over the last few weeks and I leave reviews for the app on Google Play, but I'm not sure if the devs read these review comments.

Your option for compiling with ASIO would work, but I prefer to hear the backing track and guitar through headphones plugged into the FX100, for convenience reasons. 

All said, I love the FX100.  Thank you.

I'm not sure of all the avenues Line6 uses to access bugs.

The main one I know of is if you have an issue and submit a support ticket.

Your option for compiling with ASIO would work, but I prefer to hear the backing track and guitar through headphones plugged into the FX100, for convenience reasons. 

It would be the same with ASIO.

FWIW from WIKI:

Audio Stream Input/Output (ASIO) is a computer sound card driver protocol for digital audio specified by Steinberg, providing a low-latency and high fidelity interface between a software application and a computer's sound card. Whereas Microsoft's DirectSound is commonly used as an intermediary signal path for non-professional users, ASIO allows musicians and sound engineers to access external hardware directly.