Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issue with M9

depni

Hi, I am Fabrizio, I write from Italy, I am a bass player and I recently bought a Line6 M9.

I bought the Line6 M9 cause I play in a duo with a drums and I need a lot of sounds and effects and above all I often need to insert two effects at a time, for example in a song I have to pass from a clean sound to a distort+octaver or distort+wah etcetera...

So I decided to buy a Line6 M9 cause it seemed to be very easy to press two footswitches at a time because of they are really close, but I discovered something that's a great issue for me: only the three effects "A" can be inserted together!!!
If I do the same thing with the effects "B" I can't insert two effects at a time because if I press 1B and 2B together it opens a setup and if I press 2B and 3B together it opens the tuner.

Now I don't really care about the combination 2B+3B because I would like to use the Line6 M9 in a "vertical" way, but it is fundamental to me to have the possibility to insert at the same time the effects stored on the 1B and 2B footswitches.

So, the question is: is it possible to change any settings and avoid to enter the setup menu while pressing 1B+2B?

Please let me know.

Forgive my bad english, I hope that my questions is understandable.

• 1 month later...

Hello Fabrizio!

Unfortunately, I am unaware of any way to disable the functions when combining footswitch presses within an M9's standard settings.

You may have considered this already: I suggest exploring the scene function(s) in the advanced pilot guide, there's a particular mode which will allow 6 different combinations of one, two or three effects for each single switch press.