Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

helix and G system

pauldawn

hi all thinking of diving in with the helix in a nutshell what id like is for helix to controll everthing on Gsystem banks presets effects on/off andf loops on/off both units have cat 5 port not sure if anything could be done here im sure theres stuff i can do midi wise maybe sync banks or presets i think ill still have to programme the G systems effects from the board unless i could do it from helix which would be fab but if not hopefully i can sync up presets and turn things on and off the Gsystem from helix then i can just have one controll board except when editing presets on the Gsystem as helix is awsome i can have any number of effects anywhere in tne signal chain also the send and return anywhere in the signal path which is where the Gsystem would be  thanks in advance sorry if i double posted

hi all thinking of diving in with the helix in a nutshell what id like is for helix to controll everthing on Gsystem banks presets effects on/off andf loops on/off both units have cat 5 port not sure if anything could be done here im sure theres stuff i can do midi wise maybe sync banks or presets i think ill still have to programme the G systems effects from the board unless i could do it from helix which would be fab but if not hopefully i can sync up presets and turn things on and off the Gsystem from helix then i can just have one controll board except when editing presets on the Gsystem as helix is awsome i can have any number of effects anywhere in tne signal chain also the send and return anywhere in the signal path which is where the Gsystem would be  thanks in advance sorry if i double posted

Unfortunately, the Helix will not be able to control everything on the G-system. For more information on the midi capabilities on the Helix, you can find that info toward the end of the user manual.

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06439cb91a5609df67966ca/application/pdf/Helix%20Owners%20Manual%20(REV%20B)%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20B%20).pdf