Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wishlist for Helix II

kensington

It'd probably add $200-250 to the box, without the transmitter, which would be another $199. Are people willing to pay that sort of premium for built-in G70-level wireless?

On the upside, each preset could instantly switch channels/guitars and cable tone, so that'd be cool.

My wish list for Helix 2 is bigger than yours.  :P

• Upvote 4

I think the next step should be DOWN.

I mean, L6 has some really great solutions for guitarists in the 500 and under category.

They also have, now, this amazing product at 3+X the price.

What about a 700 - 900 dollar HX-inspired device for the in-between? Or an "HX x00"... like an HD 500 but with a single Helix signal path with maybe HD FX models instead of HX to maximize dsp usage.

I could be nuts and your product research might tell you that customer doesn't exist... what do I know.

What about a 700 - 900 dollar HX-inspired device for the in-between? Or an "HX x00"... like an HD 500 but with a single Helix signal path with maybe HD FX models instead of HX to maximize dsp usage.

I could be nuts and your product research might tell you that customer doesn't exist... what do I know.

You aren't nuts...I'm sending my Helix back because of buyers remorse! :)  I can't justify the extra $1000.00

Lol, doesn't matter. Welcome to instant gratification land. MORE, MORE, MORE!!! And make it snappy... ;)

It was more of a joke, than seriousness though :)

That's why I wrote Helix II.

Of course I would like to skip an extra power and a "receiver" on the floor, that looks like a part of the Helix, but is not.

It'd probably add $200-250 to the box, without the transmitter, which would be another $199. Are people willing to pay that sort of premium for built-in G70-level wireless?

On the upside, each preset could instantly switch channels/guitars and cable tone, so that'd be cool.

My wish list for Helix 2 is bigger than yours.  :P

It wasn't a dead serious suggestion of course, but I know you got that :) That's why I wrote Helix II.

Having said that, yeah, most people I talk to would pay extra for that. I mean, I think I've bought my 5th G30 relay now, and it's such a fragile piece of gear lying on the floor. If it was built-in, it would have more protection. And of course, it doesn't have to be top notch G70...a G30 would be sufficiant. No need for more than 6 channels and 30 meter. I already have loads of transmitters :-)

Funny  :D 

External wireless VDI, please. I get that it will not sell tons but dream rig is not a dream until you can use it wirelessly. I think more big tours would implement variax and Helix if they could change guitar models and tunings via Helix without being tethered within 25 feet of the helix.

External wireless VDI, please. I get that it will not sell tons but dream rig is not a dream until you can use it wirelessly. I think more big tours would implement variax and Helix if they could change guitar models and tunings via Helix without being tethered within 25 feet of the helix.

Yeah that's been my wish too, ever since the Variax 500!

It wasn't a dead serious suggestion of course, but I know you got that :) That's why I wrote Helix II.

Having said that, yeah, most people I talk to would pay extra for that. I mean, I think I've bought my 5th G30 relay now, and it's such a fragile piece of gear lying on the floor. If it was built-in, it would have more protection. And of course, it doesn't have to be top notch G70...a G30 would be sufficiant. No need for more than 6 channels and 30 meter. I already have loads of transmitters :-)

Funny :D

I've been gigging the same g30 for over 5 years now maybe 300 odd gigs in some of the roughest pubs Scotland has to offer

If you've got it on a pedal board it's hard for me to see how it can get damaged ?

Lol, doesn't matter. Welcome to instant gratification land. MORE, MORE, MORE!!! And make it snappy... ;)

They still have yet to finish Helix!

Right. And that's 'state of the art'... Come on, what about the editor, the phantom power (hiss) solution etc.?

There are lots of things L6 has to finish with Helix '1'! And there are many guys, that are still waiting for the unit!!

• Upvote 1

Right. And that's 'state of the art'... Come on, what about the editor, the phantom power (hiss) solution etc.?

There are lots of things L6 has to finish with Helix '1'! And there are many guys, that are still waiting for the unit!!

It's probably a good thing that many are still waiting. It means Helix has exceeded Line 6's predicted interest, which can only mean good things for Helix's future.

• Upvote 1

I've been gigging the same g30 for over 5 years now maybe 300 odd gigs in some of the roughest pubs Scotland has to offer

If you've got it on a pedal board it's hard for me to see how it can get damaged ?

Well, I do about 100 gigs per year, all from outdoor gigs to pubs and arenas. I don't pubs in Scotland are any rougher than countryside Norway ;)

Anyhow...they just stopped working after a while. No power....no leds etc. Could maybe repair it, but probably not worth the hazzle, so I bought new ones.

Picked up a G50 now. More sturdy.

For me, I'm hoping a future generation Helix 2.0 or equivalent, with further improved modeling of both amps and effects can allow a 'advanced user' option.

This can be hidden away in the settings, and, I think realistically only used on your phone or computer interface. This can unlock some of the following abilities:

- Separate pre and power amp, cab and mic blocks, to allow Frankenstein monster solutions, as well as signal chain routing options

- Tonnes of adjustable parameters (one of the videos said that they got to the stage where they can adjust the sag of each individual tube?) - something like that

- Advanced tone stack tweaking

- Build your own amp, somehow.... to take a stab at amp profiling, maybe... it won't be easy...

- Proportionally more memory to support all of that custom tweaking, as well as the inevitable model packs

- A super powerful global eq

That is my fantasy for now haha.

• 1 month later...

I hope this is the correct thread to post my request for an addition to the current Firmware version 1.06.5. If this is not then I would appreciate someone pointing me to the correct thread & repost this request.

The current choices when setting the MIDI patch map is set under GLOBAL SETTINGS>DISPLAYS>PRESET NUMBERING & there are only two choices

1. 01A-32D
  2. 000-127

I currently use 001-128 map in my sequences when playing live because the patch numbering scheme is easier to follow rather than transposing the numbers within the midi sequence. If you use the 000-127 then your patches start with 0 (ZERO) & end in 9 (NINE) per bank of 10 whereas the 001-128 scheme is easier to view/follow since the patches start with 1 (ONE) & end with 10 (TEN).

Based on this I would like to see a third option that would automatically transpose the scheme to 1 thru 10 rather than 0 thru 9. 

1. 01A-32D = 4 patches per bank . . . A,B,C,D x 32
  2. 000-127 = 0 thru 9 . . . 10 patches per bank
  3. 001-128 = 1 thru 10 . . . 10 patches per bank

I know this isn't a real big deal but it's things like this that make it easier to match a users current workflow & solve the problem within seconds rather than hours & days of modification in the sequence.

Thank you LINE 6 you've done a fabulous job on this beast! I love my new rack! Just received it yesterday & am having a blast!

Cheers

Well, I do about 100 gigs per year, all from outdoor gigs to pubs and arenas. I don't pubs in Scotland are any rougher than countryside Norway ;)

Anyhow...they just stopped working after a while. No power....no leds etc. Could maybe repair it, but probably not worth the hazzle, so I bought new ones.

Picked up a G50 now. More sturdy.

Try a G70....thing is built like a tank....

EASY ! 

Extend Looper capability with a built-in SDHC memory card to allow huge amounts of loop or audio storage. TO use as multi-loops, backing tracks - you name it !

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Extend-Looper-capability-with-add-On-pedal-w-SDHC-memory-card/802351-23508?submitted=1

+++++ 1,000,000   Seems like a natural fit for these modeling units and everyone I know who has owned them has posted or sent this same suggestion off to the manufactures....don't know why someone hasn't implemented it yet....all the basics are already in the units so it would be pretty simple to implement....it's not like SD readers are expensive and they've been around for quite a while and are stable tech....

OK here's a couple of effects that I have used in the studio to enhance audio & think it would be nice to have access to them for the guitar.

So, how about adding a BBE Sonic Maximizer & an Aphex Aural Xciter pedal to the effects blocks. Both of these effects add the clarity to any guitar.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

EASY ! 

Extend Looper capability with a built-in SDHC memory card to allow huge amounts of loop or audio storage. TO use as multi-loops, backing tracks - you name it !

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Extend-Looper-capability-with-add-On-pedal-w-SDHC-memory-card/802351-23508?submitted=1

Great idea - the Digitech JamMan loopers have had these for years. Could be either an SD slot or an external USB drive, although SD would probably be more gig-friencly

Mike

• 1 year later...

Okay heres me suggestions. Bt iOS Android editor, touch screen, and this one's a bit meh but amp workbench software that would allow custom amp builds ala variax workbench.

Well the first two would require either a dongle or a complete rebuild of the Helix. But as for the last one, how about this idea?

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/ideas/search?templateId=0&query=Amp+builder

EASY !

Extend Looper capability with a built-in SDHC memory card to allow huge amounts of loop or audio storage. TO use as multi-loops, backing tracks - you name it !

A built in SDHC memory card capability could also be used for other things like for example an extensive IR library or additional presets, setlists, etc.. It would also make transferring setlists or backups from one Helix to another a breeze.

• Upvote 2

I think the next step should be DOWN.

I mean, L6 has some really great solutions for guitarists in the 500 and under category.

They also have, now, this amazing product at 3+X the price.

For those of us that already own loop switches and effects galore, that already have pedalboards they like, but would like a small “strymon sized†amp modeler with midi selectable patches. Two TRS pre/post loops, single expression pedal input. Single path would be ok. Helix is way too big for a pedalboard with external effects. It’s either Helix with nothing, or my pedalboards with amps. Something in the middle would be great.

I love the Eventide editor app on my iPad, iPhone, and Mac. I’d be just fine with something like that for a sub-Helix (Sublix? Trademark!)

• Upvote 1