Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G50 buzzing all of a sudden

timjgriffith77

Hello and I hope some one can help.  I have been using my G50 for 9+ months without any problems and have really enjoyed being wireless, even the majority of the time has been practicing.  After a 2 week hiatus during the holidays, I came back to our practice space and started experiencing severe buzzing.  At first I figured it had to due with the fact that my buddy was working on an old truck and probably had something plugged in on that circuit.  The next practice same problem, nothing else turned on and I even switched amps.  Still experiencing severe buzzing to the point that I would have to put the amp in standby mode between songs.  Finally last night I bypassed the unit and low and behold quiet as a mouse.

So nothing changed in the band room, I didn't move anything, unplug anything & all my pedals are plugged into a VooDoo labs pedal power.  I've become addicted to wireless and really would like to find a solution but the buzzing is killing me.  Thanks.

** It is and has always been plugged directly into a power strip with the supplied power supply.

• 1 month later...

ME TOO!!! Mine sounds like someone is using a very small hand mixer.

Even if I unplug it from the guitar, or even unplug the cable from the transmitter, it persists.

It stops, if I touch the transmitter housing between the cable and the antenna.

Any words of wisdom???

A loose chassis ground inside the unit somewhere. Maybe

an instrument-to-transmitter cable is failing.

Log a ticket with Line 6 support and get it serviced.

I'll do that.

It's definitely inside the unit itself, as it still makes the noise with no cable plugged into it.

Thank you.