Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Summed Mono Out from FX Send

SpaceHobo

I have a Helix rack on order.

I will be running stereo outs to my pedal board (Infinity Looper > Beatbuddy > Center Point Spacestation V3). I also have a TC Helicon G-XT mounted on the board.

The GX-T is a pedalboard vocal processor for guitarists. Among other things, it can producer smart vocal harmonies because it "listens" to the underlying guitar chords piped into the unit through an Instrument input.

Can I run summed mono out from an fx send into the instrument input on the G-XT?

Can I send audio out from an fx send without having an audio return?

If I place an fx send block in a signal chain, will it "mono" any preceeding stereo signals?

I'm sorry for the basic questions, but I am just a simple cave man with only a limited capacity to understand your modern technologies.

I have a Helix rack on order.

I will be running stereo outs to my pedal board (Infinity Looper > Beatbuddy > Center Point Spacestation V3). I also have a TC Helicon G-XT mounted on the board.

The GX-T is a pedalboard vocal processor for guitarists. Among other things, it can producer smart vocal harmonies because it "listens" to the underlying guitar chords piped into the unit through an Instrument input.

Can I run summed mono out from an fx send into the instrument input on the G-XT?

Yes, you can choose a mono or stereo fx send block

Can I send audio out from an fx send without having an audio return?

Yes, no problem

If I place an fx send block in a signal chain, will it "mono" any preceeding stereo signals?

Not if you place a stereo fx send block

I'm sorry for the basic questions, but I am just a simple cave man with only a limited capacity to understand your modern technologies.

Just tested. I put a mono send After a ping pong. All mono out of send and after thru. I guess to keep stereo, one needs to bypass the send block with a path and set thru to -120. But the OP wants to Just monitor signal so like above, put send in first block.

I do the same thing with a TC voicelive 2. In fact, it "likes" the first, unprocessed block for a cleaner signal.