Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using pod farm 2 with pro tools 12.

Hello everyone I am currently trying to use pod farm 2.3.3, with pro tools 12.3.1. But when I create an audio track in pro tools, no pod farm inserts show up. Here is all my gear before I get started:

-Pod farm version 2 cd software. (came with line 6 ux2 pod studio box) 

-line 6 ux2 audio interface.

-Pro tools 12.3.1.

-windows 8.1.

- (and obviously a guitar/ cable)

Steps I took in trying to start pod farm 2 up with pro tools.

1. completely uninstalled everything

2. put in pod farm 2 cd. (it's an older version that can be updated, from 2010)

3. throughout the installation menu I of course selected "install for ilok"

4. I checked off all the plug ins.

5. I set my destination folder to pro tools in avid.

6. All the plugin .dll, Or vsa plug in files were created in pro tools folder.

7. Went into pro tools>created new track>inserts, and nothing for pod farm was found. 

(I am aware that i can install pod farm, and the monkey line 6 licence manager, and update pod farm, and my drivers. The problem is it works for my computer but not in pro tools). 

Is there a way to make it so pro tools sees my pod farm plug ins? Do I need to add my pod farm license into my pro tools account, or vise versa? Is there a way to manually add pod farm plugins to pro tools, in pro tools? 

It won't work because that version of Pro Tools doesn't support RTAS (or VST, for that matter).

Until Line 6 makes Pod Farm AAX-compatible (fingers crossed), your best bet is to employ a plugin wrapper (like Metaplugin by DDMF); although, I believe, Avid does not want you to do this (at least not for RTAS. I think they're indifferent to wrapping VSTs).

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I will be apocalyptically furious if I can't use Pod Farm 2.5 with Pro Tools 12. Why no AAX compatibility? I've put somebody's kids through college buying Line 6 stuff...Flextone, Vetta, cabinets, Podfarm 1 and 2, Pod HD Pro X, and TWO Pod X3 Lives. Now I'm out of luck because I decided to upgrade my studio? You've got to be kidding me.

Why not ask Pro Tools why they won't set it up to allow outside vendor plug-ins?  Considering PT has now gone to subscription service (meaning you pay every year to keep using it) its understandable why many people are using other DAWs now.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping the fact that Line 6 have rolled out Echo Farm in AAX might mean Pod Farm or a suitable replacement will be next. Back in PT10, I auditioned all the then available sims, and chose PodFarm. Needless to say, having that just disappear with 12 was an unexpected and unwelcome surprise.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat here.

Love pod farm as I have had a good workflow with it in Pro tools 10.

Upgraded to 12 very recently and have been trying to get Podfarm through Pod X3 live working.

Updating everything but then reading a thread on here that it was the fact that there isn't an AAX plug.

This is crazy.Someone is also mentioning how Line 6 has made Echo Farm in AAX.

Why on earth wouldn't  they make Podfarm working for us all.

• 3 months later...

I bought Patchwork from Blue Cat Audio as a bridge between PT 12 and Line 6 Podfarm.

It works well.Still in the try out stage so can't give to much feedback yet but Patchwork seemed to be the one that appealed to me the most.

Reviews on it from Pro tools expert and Warren Huart:)

Put me back 79 $ though:(

Shame on Line 6 for not making Podfarm available for AAX platform:(

I can see they have made Echofarm available, Also new Helix so why not Podfarm?

We are a bunch of happy users who still depend on Podfarm in our daily music making lives

I bought Patchwork from Blue Cat Audio as a bridge between PT 12 and Line 6 Podfarm.

It works well.Still in the try out stage so can't give to much feedback yet but Patchwork seemed to be the one that appealed to me the most.

Reviews on it from Pro tools expert and Warren Huart:)

Put me back 79 $ though:(

Shame on Line 6 for not making Podfarm available for AAX platform:(

I can see they have made Echofarm available, Also new Helix so why not Podfarm?

We are a bunch of happy users who still depend on Podfarm in our daily music making lives

I downloaded the demo and had trouble loading the Pod Farm VST. It said it's not 64 bit. Did you encounter this?

Also, when you load plugins into PWork and save as a preset, do the Pod Farm settings get saved as well? 

Any experience with DDMF Metaplugin? It's cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...

None of us will be getting Pod Farm AAX because Line 6 wants us to pony up for the Helix Plugin. See it's not enough that guys like me bought spiders, a variax, 2 Vetta combos and 1 head, a pod xt, a pod hd500, an m5, m9, and m13, as well as pod farm. Now I need to give them my money for helix. So here's what I have from Line 6 now - zero, zilch, nada. Went to Fractal for hardware and heading toward BIAS for plugins. I don't miss Line 6 one bit. In fact, I'm thankful for their poor commitment to existing customers - gave me the kick in the pants I needed to finally be permanently shod of the toy company that is Line 6. Do yourself a favor - leave this junk to the soccer moms and kiddies and invest in some more serious tools. I'm glad I did. 

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/26/2017 at 2:59 PM, jonweiner1 said:

I downloaded the demo and had trouble loading the Pod Farm VST. It said it's not 64 bit. Did you encounter this?

Also, when you load plugins into PWork and save as a preset, do the Pod Farm settings get saved as well? 

Any experience with DDMF Metaplugin? It's cheaper.

us the component not the vst. no idea why the vst doesn't work but the component does. good enough for me.