Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Volume Pedal

tomshark

Pedal Question

Please forgive me if there are post on this issue already, but I have not found any.

It seems no matter how many times I perform a pedal calibration the volume pedal does not track. Once I hit about 50% of travel I am at 100% of volume.  There is very little room to navigate volume levels.  The pedal seems to have a sweet spot between 40% and 50% travel, which yields 20% to 100% of the net volume control

If anyone has any suggestions please ....... let me know

Thanks in Advance 

I have had a similar problem, but with a second Line 6 Expression pedal connected. The volume/wah built in pedal stops working after a while and the second pedal takes over the volume/wah control! The manual states that the second pedal will be immediately recognized once connected and will allow tweaking of all parameters. It does this at first, then I'll notice the built in pedal stops working altogether. Also, is it true that you can only tweak one parameter at a time? My M-9 allowed me to use the expression pedal to tweak several parameters at one time. Anyone? Thanks!

Hi jdebiase

You mentioned something that might be something to consider.  I don't remember having this problem until I connected a second expression pedal.  I was at firmware version 1.1.  I thought that the update to 1.2 would had helped but no joy there

I quit using the second expression pedal tom. I found it was easier to use the built in pedal with volume on and assign that pedal to tweak certain parameters depending on the patch. So, this allows me to add volume and say drive on a stomp pedal block in toe down position or back off to 70% volume and decreased drive in heel down position. I do the same in a different patch for increasing or decreasing delay/mod mixes with increased or decreased volume settings. Using the 2nd pedal was frustrating and clearly buggy!

I quit using the second expression pedal tom. I found it was easier to use the built in pedal with volume on and assign that pedal to tweak certain parameters depending on the patch. So, this allows me to add volume and say drive on a stomp pedal block in toe down position or back off to 70% volume and decreased drive in heel down position. I do the same in a different patch for increasing or decreasing delay/mod mixes with increased or decreased volume settings. Using the 2nd pedal was frustrating and clearly buggy!

According the manual, once you assign the onboard pedal (without a pedal 2) to control for instance a drive-parameter (tweak), it only controls that drive-parameter. So you shouldn't be able to control both the volume and the drive-parameter. 

Or have you found a way to do just that? In that case can you explain how you did that? 

According the manual, once you assign the onboard pedal (without a pedal 2) to control for instance a drive-parameter (tweak), it only controls that drive-parameter. So you shouldn't be able to control both the volume and the drive-parameter. 

Or have you found a way to do just that? In that case can you explain how you did that? 

Hi...I've been using the built-in pedal to tweak one parameter at a time as well as volume (never tried it with the wah). For instance, I can control the mix of a delay block and reduce volume simultaneously. It also seems to work with gain on a distortion/overdrive and volume simultaneously. I'm not doing anything special. It just works. My only complaint is that you can only control one parameter with a pedal (1 or 2) with the FH. My M-9 allowed me to control any number of parameters simultaneously with one expression pedal. I loved that feature!

Jim

Tried this last night, but in my case the volume can not be tweaked along with another assigned parameter. Maybe the firmware has something to do with it. My unit was delivered with the 1.20.00 version.

I agree with you that the parameter tweaking on te M series is far more advanced. I used to do change multiple aprameters with my M13, however in Live performances I just need sounds on the fly, so the tweaking is something I mostly did/do when experimenting or recording.

• 1 year later...