Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Suggestions On Nu-metal / Hard Rock Tones...

synsin

Hello all,

I've previously had a POD XT Pro & POD X3 Pro and was able to achieve great hi-gain tones within minutes of having those devices. 

I'm 4 days new to the HD500X. I'm able to get pretty awesome clean tones but cant seem to nail Nu-Metal / Hard Rock tones. All the Hi-gain amps sound muddy to my ears. Can you guys suggest your favorite tones from Customtone of provide me some tips on where to begin? I've tried the factory rock sounds and just doesn't seem to do it for me.

These past few days I seem to be doing sooo many tweaks just to create a killer tone instead of having fun playing. = (

Thanks

SynSin

Try meambobbo and unclejason. Just type their name in "search". Meambobbo has a lot of great tones and unclejason is heavier, but you can tweak his tones to get what yer lookin' for. I'm a Godsmack fan and found a close tone from one of these guys then tweaked it. Can't remember which one it was. I haven't figured out how to upload yet. I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks EvilMikeHoo! Ima search for them. To upload I think its as simple as once you save your tone to your computer just simple click on the upload tone button then browsing for the file. Unless Line6 changed the way on how to upload.

SynSin

Yeah, I'll give it another shot later on today and let ya know. I'm just a beginner with the POD and there is just so much to learn! Doesn't help that I think I have the onset of Alzheimer's! lol!! I tried it once and failed, so I just gave up. Now, ya gotta remember - I'm just a beginner. It sounds pretty good to me - close anyway. What sounds okay to me might not sound good to you - maybe a bit more tweaking - and I have it set up for studio mode. But hey, it's worth a shot, right?