Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

helix losing expression pedal settings...

rudomat

i´m using the internal exp pedal for controlling master volume, and stepping on the toe switch activates the wah pedal...

now when i plug in the external exp jacks 1 and 2 to connect them to two ext. expr. pedals and of course the midi out to midi control (via control change datas) my behringer x air xr18 mixer, my helix seems to lose the original setting for the internal exp.pedal incl. toe switch function...

has anyone got the same problem...?

thanks!

When you plug a pedal into EXP 2, the on-board pedal still works, it's just that it's always EXP1. So if you had your volume assigned to EXP2, it will now be the external pedal. You still turn the wah on and off with the toe switch. You may need to double-check your assignments, though. Also, the toe switch would still be assigned to turn the volume effect on and off, you need to remove that footswitch assignment. You want the volume to be on all the time.

I was asking a similar question about Helix behavior when using two external exp pedals. The response was that the external pedals become exp 2 & 3, and the onboard stays as exp1. The toe switch will still work to activate the wah, but the onboard exp will remain as exp1 and exp2 will control the wah (and anything else assigned to exp 2)

Anyone with more Helix experience than myself care to chime in?

The toe switch will still work to activate the wah, but the onboard exp will remain as exp1 and exp2 will control the wah (and anything else assigned to exp 2)

Change that patch so that the only thing EXP 1 controls is the wah. Now it behaves EXACTLY like a wah pedal. Toe switch engages and the same pedal rocks the wah.

Change that patch so that the only thing EXP 1 controls is the wah. Now it behaves EXACTLY like a wah pedal. Toe switch engages and the same pedal rocks the wah.

...but when i don´t have the wah active, i want the same internal pedal 1 to control the volume block....will that work...?

Yes!!! Did not think of that, perfect!! Then you get a wah with on/off switch, on same exp pedal. Then exp 2 & 3 can be really anything. Likely for me, volume pedal, and some kind of settings warp between various parameters. I have a second Mission exp pedal on order (b stock sale!) Super psyched to test this out.

Thanks!

...but when i don´t have the wah active, i want the same internal pedal 1 to control the volume block....will that work...?

No, it won't work. As soon as you plug a pedal into the EXP2 jack, the on-board pedal is always EXP1 and can't be toggled to be anything else.

No, it won't work. As soon as you plug a pedal into the EXP2 jack, the on-board pedal is always EXP1 and can't be toggled to be anything else.

I'm confused. If you plug an external pedal into the EXP3 jack, you still have EXP1 and EXP2 available with the onboard expression pedal?

I'm confused. If you plug an external pedal into the EXP3 jack, you still have EXP1 and EXP2 available with the onboard expression pedal?

Yeah, you could do that if you want. If you plug a pedal into EXP3, the on-board pedal would act exactly the way it does without any pedals attached.

oh lollipop...but that´s exactly some expert on the forum here told me it´s possible...

so to be sure, once again: when i use my internal pedal to control the volume block (only master volume), and by activating via toe switch the wah (and only the wah of course)...then with this setting i can´t use both external expression pedal jacks for controlling two different external expression pedals (two control changes on one external midi unit)...??

i don´t care how it´s labeled actually...i´m ok if it only shows pedal1 all the time, as long as it alternates between master volume and wah....

if that really is fact...is there a chance this is gonna be updated...? why this limitation...??

thanks!

oh lollipop...but that´s exactly some expert on the forum here told me it´s possible...

so to be sure, once again: when i use my internal pedal to control the volume block (only master volume), and by activating via toe switch the wah (and only the wah of course)...then with this setting i can´t use both external expression pedal jacks for controlling two different external expression pedals (two control changes on one external midi unit)...??

i don´t care how it´s labeled actually...i´m ok if it only shows pedal1 all the time, as long as it alternates between master volume and wah....

if that really is fact...is there a chance this is gonna be updated...? why this limitation...??

thanks!

One thing you could do, and I don't see why it wouldn't work, is to assign the control of the wah and volume both to EXP1 and then still have them both assigned to be turned on and off with the toe switch so that when wah is off volume is on, and vice versa. Really this would give you the same functionality as toggling between EXP1 and EXP2. I guess the only downside to this is that it would be wonky if you ever use the Helix without the external pedal for EXP2 attached.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

...i´m ok if it only shows pedal1 all the time, as long as it alternates between master volume and wah....

How would you do that, though? Logically, it's impossible.

If it's always EXP 1, then it's always EXP 1, period. The only way to toggle between volume only and wah only is for it to change from one EXP to another. There is no update that can change that. It is more a limitation of logic than function, I mean.

One thing you could do, and I don't see why it wouldn't work, is to assign the control of the wah and volume both to EXP1 and then still have them both assigned to be turned on and off with the toe switch so that when wah is off volume is on, and vice versa. Really this would give you the same functionality as toggling between EXP1 and EXP2. I guess the only downside to this is that it would be wonky if you ever use the Helix without the external pedal for EXP2 attached.

Oh... that's brilliant. For me, I always want these on two different pedals, but that is brilliant.

Okay - so my 2nd Mission expression pedal will be here on Thursday. If I understand this correctly, I could indeed use the internal expression pedal to control both the Volume and Wah as I do today, but instead both would be assigned to EXP 1; and the TOE Switch could be set to simultaneously toggle the volume/Wah on/off. This would allow me to use my two Mission pedals in the EXP 2 and EXP 3 jacks for other things (I'm thinking one to control a gain/mid-EQ boost and the other to control delay mix/feedback level).

I get that right?!

ok, so i´ve tried it now and it works, as you said, as long, as you´ve connected an external expression pedal 2 to the unit...

so you need to program different presets when you play with external exp. pedal #2 connected to sthg else, cause when you don´t need the ext. expression pedal and you don´t have it connected, it work differently...actually i think, that´s a waste of resoureces...why would you want the toe switch to switch the pedal to another exp.pedal...just for the display....?

so one thing here to ask for a future upgrade: please give us the possibility to globally store, that the toes switch switches either from pedal one to pedal two or to simply stay on pedal one all the time and just to engage vol/wah vice versa....!