Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flextone III Plus working Weird w/Extension cab.

I have a Flextone III Plus and the 112 extension cabinet that goes with it.  Plugged my rig up a couple of days ago and noticed a pronounced difference in volume between the two; with the 112 extension cabinet being noticeably louder and brighter than the amp itself.  Never experienced this before.  Nothing has changed.  This is my recording/practice rig; so, it stays put.  The only changes I make are to patches and that's always with Line 6 Edit.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I thought about doing a factory reset and then just re-upload my patches.  I know that sometimes the software/logic gets loopy and a factory reset usually resolves the issue.  also, all speaker wires are connected as they are supposed to be; with the cable going into the "Right Speaker Out".

Nothing unusual about this. The Flextone III has two 75 watt amps, but only one of them is connected to it's built in speaker. When you add the extension cab you're enabling the second amp and doubling its output. It's freaking loud! Check out the ping pong delay to start with. It's pretty cool. I have an M13 effects unit that offers a ton of stereo effects, (Chorus, panner, delays etc.), and you have the patience to connect your effects using the stereo effects loop, using the 4 cable method, you can get some absolutely mind blowing sounds out of this rig.  If you have an FBV foot controller your options for witching tones and effects are limitless. It's a great rig. 

* actually, just read your post again and sounds like you're not new to this rig and that your issues aren't just an overall increase in volume. I would backup all of your settings via midi, do a factory rest and then as you suggested, try reloading the tones to see if that resolves the issue.

Issue is resolved!!  I run my Flextone III Plus with Flash Memory v1.00.  I never have liked v1.10.  It takes the patches and lowers the volume on patches with more gain; i.e., if I have a patch and I'm using a certain amp model with certain eq and such, if I copy that patch to another bank, and set the gain level higher, v1.10 actually makes the volume lower.  So, I have always used v1.00.

I decided to upgrade the flash memory to 1.10.  That resolved the issue but gave me the stuff I didn't like about v1.10.  I reverted back to v1.00 and the issue did not come back.  Again, upgrading flash memory resolved the issue.  Reverting back to v1.00 didn't bring the issue back.  Case closed....

• 3 months later...

Hi All, I'm a complete noob here.

I just got a Flextone III 1x12 combo. Nice amp and I'm just breaking into the high tech modeling amp scene.

What is the exact Extension cab (1X12) to match this amp and what is the correct footswitch/floorboard for this amp?

Thanks in advance,

FlexToneHD from Ft. Lauderdale Fl.