Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

GearBox as a plug-in?

ron-e-g

Thanks Uber Guru, I know that, but does that mean it ceases to work as a plug-in? Only as a stand-alone? I realize it's pre-sets were brougt over to POD (Farms) but they reguire more steps in the searching process there, for my likeing. Too, the FX interfaces seem to be different not sure the sound is the same even!

I'm not totally understanding.  Are you trying to use GearBox to control your Line 6 interface so that you can record in your DAW, or are you trying to use the plug-in to modify/re-amp a previously recorded track.

Use the stand-alone to record via ASIO for the first use case, and use the plug-in (licensed) for the second.

The plug-in must be licensed, and Line 6 no longer sells the license for the GearBox plug-in.  You best bet is the POD Farm 2.5 plug-in

Big Chas52, I'm trying to use the gearbox plug-in for recording on my DAW. I used to have it licensed. How would I re-license under the old previously bought license?

Does the gearbox sound fx (play back) later in recorded tracks properly, when the sound is recorded through the stand alone version.

post-557299-0-58222300-1453823673_thumb.png

Hmmmm if you purchased a separate Gearbox license (not a Toneport that must be connected in order to authorize Gearbox) you might have to shoot L6 an email.

If you bought a Toneport (way back when) than that was used as a dongle to authorize Gearbox. AFAIK Gearbox is not usable on its own if you got it that way.

I could be wrong but that is my understanding.

• Upvote 1

the plugin was removed from the install.. a valid gearbox license will work with pod farm 1.x 

Big Chas52, I'm trying to use the gearbox plug-in for recording on my DAW. I used to have it licensed. How would I re-license under the old previously bought license?

Does the gearbox sound fx (play back) later in recorded tracks properly, when the sound is recorded through the stand alone version.