Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2 Channel Amp Simulation

noetigenfallz

Don't know if you've ever used an M series modeler but I also have an M-9 and it allows you to do exactly that: with one expression pedal you can tweak between 4 to 6 parameters at once! The FH does not support this! And depending on the fx block you're tweaking, this does allow for a virtual channel switching performance. For example, on a distortion pedal block you can go from no drive to 100% with the heel down to toe down positions and simultaneously decrease or increase a delay or reverb or trem mix! Loved that about the M series!

Jim

Sorry. Part 2: My work-around to the problem mentioned above is to copy and paste a patch next to the original then on the second one, tweak it as if I were switching between a clean and dirty channel where the first patch is clean and the second patch is dirty or overdriven for a solo. You've got 128 slots after all! Works for me. And this is not the same as switching a stomp on or off because I still use a little overdrive on that first patch. Likewise with other blocks that use delays or mods, etc. lots of options here without using an expression pedal. I've stated in earlier forums that using a second exp pedal is very buggy! After a few attempts, the second pedal replaces the volume/wah function and the built in pedal becomes useless or no longer functions properly!

Jim