Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I dont understand 'Mid focus EQ'...

mjblooze

PianoGuyY's solution for making sound --- 

If you don't like what you hear, change it. 

Just because it says Marshall doesn't mean you will like what it sounds like. Equalizers in percentages instead of hz mean nothing. 

Ears are the keys to the world. Eyes are nothing. Make your sound with what you hear, not with what you see.

• Upvote 1

There is no try eye, only do hear.

Of course, in one breath I say to use the ears, but I don't think that it is a secret - I am all about ''the show'' which requires the eyes. 

Playing a diminished 4th over an augmented 7th of the Patagonian scale while using a subatomic minor bass in the route to the 66 means absolutely nothing if you look like my next door neighbor and stand there like a tree.  

I'll take KISS and Lady Gaga any day. 

Playing a diminished 4th over an augmented 7th of the Patagonian scale while using a subatomic minor bass in the route to the 66 means absolutely nothing if you look like my next door neighbor and stand there like a tree.  . 

I LOVE that lick and use that lick all the time. Now I know why everyone leaves when I do that. :huh: 

Of course, in one breath I say to use the ears, but I don't think that it is a secret - I am all about ''the show'' which requires the eyes. 

Playing a diminished 4th over an augmented 7th of the Patagonian scale while using a subatomic minor bass in the route to the 66 means absolutely nothing if you look like my next door neighbor and stand there like a tree.  

Funny you mentioned KISS, i played in a KISS tribute show for 13 years & all i know is the minor pentatonic. ..if i was still in the band, i wouldn't even consider using something like a POD HD500X on stage- tap dancing in platform boots could lead to broken limbs..!

But if you were playing in that band, you wouldn't need to tap dance. You need one sound. Turn on the Pod and forget about it. Even the clean sounds of KISS can be done by using that same one sound but turn the volume on your guitar down. --- with the exception of their kisco song, do do do dodo dodo do do, do do do dodo dodo.

Then you'd need a flanger. 

I understand (to a point) the fascination with the looks, but if the sound sucks, personally I couldn't care less about that. Maybe it's me, or it's because I like good sounding next door neighbor trees...

• Upvote 1

But if you were playing in that band, you wouldn't need to tap dance. You need one sound. Turn on the Pod and forget about it. Even the clean sounds of KISS can be done by using that same one sound but turn the volume on your guitar down. --- with the exception of their kisco song, do do do dodo dodo do do, do do do dodo dodo.

Then you'd need a flanger.

Yeah mostly had one sound but used an old Korg pedalboard for FX in the smoking guitar solo. The poor pedalboard copped a beating- fake blood, kerosene, burning embers from pyro's, spilled bourbon & beer... even accidently slammed with a smashing guitar. Wouldn't put the POD through that..!