Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

NAMM SHOW

leesteel

I doubt they would come out with it at NAMM, unless they are introducing an exclusive ANDROID (screw Apple) device, and then they could say something like - we will implement Android onto the older units that are capable of handling it. 

Coming out with an Android interface doesn't seem NAMM worthy. 

Quick update from the Line6 room at NAMM. It appears centered around Helix, including rack mount version on floor, firehawk, and the new wireless system. Not seeing too much POD. I'll try and post some photos when I can.

Any testing of the Firehawk 1500 amp to run Pod or Helix?

They used the Firehawk 1500 amp in 'The Ultimate Stage Amp' event demo which I was unable to attend, so I don't know exactly how it was shown. However, I did attend the morning Helix demo, and it was clearly running direct through FOH Stereo. Very nice playing through many different styles, sounded great! I snapped a few photos of the room and made a collage for you all (see attached). For perspective, as soon as you walk in the door, you experience a nicely lit room with blue hues, but still warm, and you see that Helix rack staring right at you. On the right of the room are the Firehawk amps. The left side leads to the demo stage. I do recall seeing a FBV on the floor, but ran out of time to investigate, sorry no POD info to share. So much to do! line6_namm2016_collage_napynap_web.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the NAMM updates! Does anybody know if you can use the FIREHAWK FX as a foot controller for the FIREHAWK 1500? I really don't want to drop an additional $250 for a foot switch! In transparency, I'm hoping to use the 1500 just for amp models and plug my regular pedalboard into the front of it but I want to be able to change amp models/channels on the fly. I really wasn't big on using the 4 cable method w th firehawk and a traditional amp. Too many cables and hassle. THANKS