Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix With my tribute band

BucF16

All guitars Helix.

I'd only had it for a couple of days when this was filmed. Took the audio home and re-tracked most of the guitars USB direct into Logic. We have other vids on our channel that I'd encourage you to watch and/or like as appropriate. The most recent batch is all Helix, and everything prior to that is HD500. In this band I've always gone direct to the board. You might see some DT50's on stage in the most recent video but they're window dressing.

• Upvote 2

Thanks.  The silly thing is how quickly I got those tones.  It's mostly the Plexi brt.  The leads are either Plexi brt with the Minotaur or valve distortion and some phase shifter or the 2204 with a phase shifter.  There's a tiny bit of compression added in Logic on the guitars.  Also used the dual harmony for the end and just before the first verse.  I use the ping pong delay trails on, on a momentary foot switch for some of the accent fills towards the end.

I used to use the HD500 and had some great tones but it took much longer to get a less awesome result.

All guitars Helix.

I'd only had it for a couple of days when this was filmed. Took the audio home and re-tracked most of the guitars USB direct into Logic. We have other vids on our channel that I'd encourage you to watch and/or like as appropriate. The most recent batch is all Helix, and everything prior to that is HD500. In this band I've always gone direct to the board. You might see some DT50's on stage in the most recent video but they're window dressing.

Great band! This is some tricky stuff and you guys are really doing it justice.

Great band! This is some tricky stuff and you guys are really doing it justice.

Thanks a bunch!

If you think that's tricky, listen to our cover of Journey From Mariabronn from the same youtube channel.  Also, we do Paradox which is transcribing nightmare and Song For America but those vids aren't complete yet.

Nicely done!!! How many songs do you guys play in a show?

Rock on,

Scott.

Longest set we'd run in this format is 2 hours.  We have enough music for that right now but for the next couple months we're only doing double billed shows so 1-1.5 hour sets.  You can check out our contact stuff or view other videos if you're interested at:

webpage: kansastribute.com

Youtube Channel: KansAZ a tribute to Kansas  ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNGXFCMnSaAy5Iz0v2f5uGQ )

Facebook: KansAZ a tribute to Kansas